Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I don't find it easy to summarise the inner workings in a user-friendly way, but all the info about how it works is easily accessible via the Interweb thingie, if you're interested (as you seem to be!) in getting to the bottom of it.

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
Took your advice Tivu and did some more researching on the internet about the technical aspects of signal transmission, reception and lnbs. I now have a 'level' of understanding, not fully au fait, but enough to see what the differences are :) ,and how things are affected by the wrong setting being used. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek HD
My Location
Ellesmere, Shropshire
Hi
Can I be cheeky, any chance of the channel list download? I have a small problem, I am trying to add a satallite, I goto preferences etc, add the satallite but it will not come up in the satallite list on the button that is white, 2nd button on the top of remote control!! This seems to be the only way I can turn the dish!! Yes I am new, only had the equipment 2 days!!
Thanks

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
in need of help said:
Hi
Can I be cheeky, any chance of the channel list download? I have a small problem, I am trying to add a satallite, I goto preferences etc, add the satallite but it will not come up in the satallite list on the button that is white, 2nd button on the top of remote control!! This seems to be the only way I can turn the dish!! Yes I am new, only had the equipment 2 days!!
Thanks
Not sure if this is allowed, I got the channel list from another forum, Digital Kaos. You will need to register and look up "protek 9760HD short channel list" scroll through the thread, there are numerous downloads on different pages, until you find what you are looking for.

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
Hi all, a quick update (if anyone is interested?) Been fiddling around a bit more and have managed to add more transponders to existing satellites. Also managed to pick up 62E 11063H 3100, at last :-righton, nothing else on there though. Still can't get 68.5E, also nothing west of 45W will keep trying because there is something just won't quite lock. maybe when it's less windy and dryer.

edbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Eygelshoven NL
a nice setup and am jealous of your big rotating dish

beavs2112

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see signature
My Location
London, Ontario Canada
nice setup. very professional looking :)