mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Namco Bandai must sell over 500,000 units of its PS3 titles before it begins to make a profit, according to president Takeo Takasu.

The price of http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21440#graphics alone costs the second-largest Japanese publisher one billion yen (EUR 6.5 million), more than double that of titles for Nintenod Wii, according to a report by Bloomberg.

"We have to sell at least 500,000 copies per title worldwide to make a profit on Playstation 3 (PS3) games," said Takasu.

Namco Bandai released Ridge Racer 7 and Mobile Suit Gundam for the PlayStation 3, both of which were the highest-selling games on the weekend of release, shifting around 22,000 units each.

sorurce: _http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21440

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Games now take years to develop and cost millions, but they now make more money than the film industry.

Once you have a great game, like Zelda, companies, like Nintendo, will milk it for years.

Games based on films are also big business and tend to disappoint IMHO.

Let's see what Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo can come up with next year.

Maybe SEGA will be back with a killer Sonic title!

Death_Knight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
illusion M3
My Location
Portugal
SEGA will really launch a new sonic title, "sonic the hedgehog", the game's name is exactly the same as the first sonic game for genesis, but this one will come in january next year for ps3 and xbox 360, i checked some images from sega about it and it should be amazing...