Need help again

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have done alot of searching around and I have learned loads of information regarding Irdeto cams but nothing on what I originally set out find out about my own cam.
My Irdeto cam has a p/n 901454 and I bought it preprogrammed and I am unable to determine what program is on it.
I am unable to get the 3-1 files to work, all I can get is irdeto and betacrypt. I have tried altering the settings in the goodies menu but they do not seem to be the same as every one elses. For a start in the main menu the common interface is shown as irdeto freecam 2 and in the goodies menu I have blocker: mode: and emu: I can only switch mode to "INT" and "GER" and the other two to on and off.
The cam does not appear to have been opened so I presume that it was programmed externally so I am also unable to determine what software was on it originally.
Can any one tell me if it is possible to load the new freecam 1.07 software on this cam or is it limited to a allcam only.
Any help much appreciated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The mere fact that a CAM is anm AllCAM or a FreeCAM already proves that the CAM has been flashed by someone somehow. These things are NOT manufactured with those "hobby" versions of firmmware installed - someone put them there later!

In terms of the firmware - there's no big mystery about what you've got. You've simply got an early version of the Freecam2 firmware. The 3-in-1 capabilities only came with the later versions.

2old
PS I'm collecting CAM details here: http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/210.html
Your quoted P/N is not in that list. Can you confirm the P/N please.

B

billy

>The mere fact that a CAM is anm AllCAM or a FreeCAM already
>proves that the CAM has been flashed by someone somehow.
>These things are NOT manufactured with those "hobby"
>versions of firmmware installed - someone put them there
>later!
>
>In terms of the firmware - there's no big mystery about what
>you've got. You've simply got an early version of the
>Freecam2 firmware. The 3-in-1 capabilities only came with
>the later versions.
>
>
>2old
>PS I'm collecting CAM details here:
>http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/210.html
>Your quoted P/N is not in that list. Can you confirm the P/N
>please.

I have a cam 901633 flashed by me to freecam 2 20.17 works fine with no card for PW & Orf. The goodies section is however quite different with a blocker and emu on or off. Do you know what these settings mean.

Thanks

Billy

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the help 2old4this,I thought it might be one of those cams that only can be flashed to allcam.I will have a go at flashing this one to the newer version of freecam and tell you how I got on.
The cam has a blue label with no warning on it and has a p/n 901454
Regards

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
there are many posts in the forum that describe those CAM setings. Please use our search function to locate them "EMU" is short for "emulator", by the way. That's the parameter that determines whether control is passed to an iserted card (EMU OFF) or wehether the Irdeto/Betacrypt emulator integral to FreeCAM firmware will be used (EMU ON).

Can you please describe how you flashed this, and how (if it all) it was different from flashing any other early series of Irdeto CI CAM. Up to now I had myself failed to get the 1633 CAMs flashed but had no trouble with the earlier flashable type.
As many details as possible, please!

2old

B

billy

>there are many posts in the forum that describe those CAM
>setings. Please use our search function to locate them "EMU"
>is short for "emulator", by the way. That's the parameter
>that determines whether control is passed to an iserted card
>(EMU OFF) or wehether the Irdeto/Betacrypt emulator integral
>to FreeCAM firmware will be used (EMU ON).
>
>Can you please describe how you flashed this, and how (if it
>all) it was different from flashing any other early series
>of Irdeto CI CAM. Up to now I had myself failed to get the
>1633 CAMs flashed but had no trouble with the earlier
>flashable type.
>As many details as possible, please!
>
>2old

This what I know to be correct 100%,

The CAM 901633 must be REV 1.0 F/W 0.07 an must be manufactured by SCM Microsystems (who were the makers of the older CAMs 900440 etc)

I flashed the CAM using ird106.exe using free_orf in windows, after flashing to SE4.7. When using free_orf ini the goodies section is different i.e blockers inplace of EMU, so I reflashed to F2-b017. The goodies section reverted to EMU. The process of flashing was easier than with my old CAM i.e. the last two bars did not go red.

I am having difficulty however in getting a card to work, I have a nokia 9800s with embedded via. Would like some info on which card and hex files will work with my setup.

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Which version of Windows, and on what kind of PC (make, model).
Thanks in advance
2old

B

billy

>Which version of Windows, and on what kind of PC (make,
>model).
>Thanks in advance
>2old

Windows 98se 4.10.2222 A p2 no particular make its a clone ACI laptop.

very reliable does most thinks easy.

billy

B

billy

>>Which version of Windows, and on what kind of PC (make,
>>model).
>>Thanks in advance
>>2old
>
>Windows 98se 4.10.2222 A p2 no particular make its a clone
>ACI laptop.
>
>very reliable does most things easy.
>
>billy

lurker

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
>
>Can you please describe how you flashed this, and how (if it
>all) it was different from flashing any other early series
>of Irdeto CI CAM. Up to now I had myself failed to get the
>1633 CAMs flashed but had no trouble with the earlier
>flashable type.
>As many details as possible, please!
>
>2old

I have a 901633 CAM, supplied by Astratech. It came with Freecam 2.017 installed, and I have since succesfully re-patched it twice with patched versions of freecam. If the case has ever been opened it has been done very well, as "you can't see the join."

I flashed it using ird106 on a Tosh SatPro 410, running Win95 osr2 & win98.inf

It works fine in my AD3000IP-VA using fun5in1, except that the patches I made to the firmware, which were supposed to allow the use of Seca & Nagra with one card (not normally supported by freecam) didn't acheive the desired result.

Conclusion:

Either there is more than 1 hardware revision using the same model number

or someone knows something we don't.

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for everyones help, well I took the risk and it worked, I mananged to flash it with a laptop.
I was worried if had been programed internally I whould damage it if I tried with a laptop so I am well pleased it worked
I am using a echostar 3000vip so as with every one else I am struggling to find a file that will work and give me nagravision
regards