Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Just seen this posted on the internet, don't know if it's true but might be of interest to Q Box owners:

QboxHD - The Last news from DuoLabs about new fw.

We completely rewritten all the software so it will be a completely new receiver with a LOT of new functions.

Just a preliminary...

3 tuners dynamically 100% supported (some limitation applied) but finally you can enjoy the full functional box...
Multimedia center .... you will be amazed...
HD Channels problems fixed ... this is a big issue solved

And much much more...

We scheduled the beta release for betatesters on 17th ... after their approval the software will be public because we don't want anybody to be disappointed! We have been working hard during the last 6 months in parallel with the QBox mini and that's why we kept the maximim silent to get you the best result and we do strongly belive that this time none will be disappointed!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yes, it seems there is something going on. It's about time, if they manage to sort out the problems it will be a smashing box.

Apparently this was published on the duolab site:

Dear Users,

Duolabs is thankful to all those who belived in us and patiently waited for this big software release. We have been working hard in the last 6 months to completely rewrite almost all the software for this box. The implementation of this new software has been started from the Qbox Mini that will be on the market from next week.

Once finished the development on Qbox Mini with extremely positive results from our betatester (almost 50) along the past weeks and we decided to port it into the bigger brother the QBoxHD.

We dedicated most of our time in solving big problems with Player 2 (the main engine for playing) and finally we obtained a stable version working for QboxHD.

We apologize to all those who have been disappointed for the leak of features and stability that were present on QBox Hd for the last year and that's why we completely addandoned the support of Fire distibution to develope this completely new distribution. We preferred not to release any beta version up to this moment just not to disattend any expectation until we have had the final approval from the Qbox Mini and then ported all to QboxHD. The only thing still not perfect on this Beta Version is the Common Interface where are still fixing some problems as the Mini was now having the CI. CI remains the only task still under development.

This version is dedicated to Duolabs' fans who stuck with us through this bad times and to all those who opposed.

Let's talk about the news now!

Here are the first screenshots and features of the new QBoxHD version.

Features:

1. Stability Problem. Most of the stability problems have been successfully solved by using hardware functions of the STB. In the previous version most of this functions were handles in software. USB Filesystem handling is now much more stable thanx to some fixes on USB drivers. Other low lever drivers have been completely rewritten for more stability.

2. Channel Speed. The Channel speed now is less than 3 seconds per each channel while it was from 3 to 6 on previous version

3. HD Channels bug fixed. HD Channels on some transponders were looping the machine ending a crash if freezes occoured. This problem have been solved in the most critical HD channels. This is not related to scanning on some Thor channels (this needs to use the AVLink tuner and not Sharp)

4. 3x Tuner finally supported. Finally the "Magic Box" inside is dynamically mixing the Tuner input. Now user can finally install any tuner configuration (2xDVB-S2 + 1x DVB-T or DVB-C etc etc) zapping without any problem from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2 to Tuner 3 with no problem.

5. PVR is now fully supported and stable. It is possible to record from Tuner x and watch/timeshft on Tuner y. Up to now it is possible to record from one tuner and watch on another tuner. We will enlarge this possibility next.

6. NAS Server fully working. Now NAS Server is fully supported so it will be possible to use Network HDD or PC.

7. Internal CSA descrambling. Now the box is using the native descrambler inside and not the FPGA descrambler. This is much faster and can support third parties software much easily.

8. Multimedia Center. Multimedia Center completely changed with the following new features:
8.1 MKV, AVI, XVID formats now fully supported.
8.2 MP3 formats now fully supported.
8.3 Picture Player fully supported.
8.4 MyTube (YouTube) fully supported no need for PC. Possibility of recording YouTube movies directly on the Harddrive
8.5 IDEVS. This is the support for IPOD and coming next IPhone. This is an exclusive function that none (AFAIK) is supporting. By connecting your IPOD via USB you can browse the AUDIO and VIDEO contents on your IPOD and play it directly on your TV
8.6 Internet Browser. Linx internet broser is supported using Mouse and Keyboard. This is a small and light Internet browser that will be developed more in the future. Up to now it is supporting simple web pages protocols.
8.7 Other minor appz.
9. Receiver information screen added. Now you can get all the receiver information such as connected tuners, IP address, peripherias etc etc from a dedicated page. All the important informations you have to know about your box are now shown.

10. Menu structure is completely changed to make it more user friendly.

11. HD Skin by default with automatic screen resize.

12. HDMI and other video Output problems solved.

13. Minor bugs are solved and general stability is improved uncomparably with the previous version especailly if freezes are coming from the streaming.
WebInterface fully working, Teletext fully working etc etc

Known bugs:

1. Minor bugs related to menus (like OSD languages not translated in full) and other small menu leaks.

2. Common Interface in the Beta version is not fully supported but we count to finish this major task before the official realease (supposingly next week after BT reports).

killerbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
rome
I'm an Italian QboxHD Mini betatester ,,, this kind of firmware is just working since about two mounths on MINI QboxHD

It's very stable and will solve much problem

now is in beta testing ... next week for all

ciao ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yes, we are all waiting!! It's like christmas :)

killerbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
rome
soon very soon m8 ... we're testing it right now

killerbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
rome
killerbox said:
soon very soon m8 ... we're testing it right now

so ,,, new kernel based firmware is in qboxHD

more speed on boot routine . complete mediacenter with mkv h.264 Mpp4 e Mp3 divx/xvid files support , yuotube player without pc and with saving video possibility in HD also

oscam support in e out

soon other informations if you glad it