new Kaon KSC-S660HD

saisewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
maxplus hts7300+
My Location
portugal
Anyone has experience with this new Kaon KSC-S660HD
I'm looking for a good and cheap HD box and more inclinate to ferguson 8800 HD. I'm:-worship worried about Nagra 3 in Portugal, too.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
I have this stb i have owned for nearly 6 months now picture quality is ok nothing special, i bought it direct from albania with Digitalb card thinking i had the whole package films and sport ie footy, but all i have is films no football :mad:, it has updated itself a couple of times with firmware, not a bad receiver.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
this receiver,is not new,around one year old now!
picture quality,on old kaon receivers,are not optimal,but much better on the hornet series,then on kvr 1000 an later modells,looks a little bit unsharp espasaly on bigger tv screens!
kaon try to save money,in the quality,of the video Av/chip...
when the save 1€ and produce 2 million stbs for e.g,the save 2 million €,a easy bill,and the customors say thank you..

tuyo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pansat 2300/2500/2700
My Location
neth.ant.
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions.How did the receiver update itself with new firmware, i do not understand.
I have the KCF660HDCO and I am looking for loaders and new firmware any suggestions?
I would also like to know if it would be possible to copy the firmware from a sub'd receiver to a non sub, ie clone from one to the other.
Do you guys have Jtag information for these receivers?
thanks

rudolfdebeer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
tuyo said:
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions.How did the receiver update itself with new firmware, i do not understand.
I have the KCF660HDCO and I am looking for loaders and new firmware any suggestions?
I would also like to know if it would be possible to copy the firmware from a sub'd receiver to a non sub, ie clone from one to the other.
Do you guys have Jtag information for these receivers?
thanks

My KSC S660 HD doe it over the air by OTA on Astra 1 transponder.
Takes about 30 minutes. Remember to back your channel list on a USB stick before you let her do it (she asks confirm to go ahead). Mine is on a STAB rotor. After 1st OTA had to rescan all channels (sats). No channel editor or other firm in sight at moment.

jer49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 600 & 7000
topfield 3000cipro
3 180 cm dishes
1 c-band
My Location
netherlands
Do you recall what transponder it was?
And what firmware number it is?

rudolfdebeer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
jer49 said:
Do you recall what transponder it was?
And what firmware number it is?

Jer, need to check this again, not near the set at the moment.
But if ok should be on factory default if bought in Western Europe.

You had it from somewhere else, i.e. Albania, might have different factory setting.

Originally this box was not intended for western european market.

Unit is superb for its price however, despite horror stories ales guys might tell. More expensive Technisat with HD onboard come from KAON as well.

I'll come back on the Astra setting from Internet now

Astra 1L (19.2E) - 12610.50 V - Txp: 112 - Beam: Astra 1L DVB-S (QPSK) - 22000 5/6 - NID:1 - TID:1112

KAONMEDIA DOWNLOAD KAON Clear 13240 2009-08-31

see _http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

Suc6

firmware cant'see from here

jer49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 600 & 7000
topfield 3000cipro
3 180 cm dishes
1 c-band
My Location
netherlands
Dank je Rudolf.

Hij geeft de melding: Er is geen nieuwe software.. (Return Code:#D)

Ga er dan maar vanuit dat ik de laatste er in heb zitten.
Ontvanger 1 maand geleden gekocht via een Satshop in Duitsland.

Recent probleem: kanalenlijst slaat op hol bij het zappen. Lijkt wel een gokkast... Enig idee?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
sorry i cannot read dutch language..

some say,its very simular to german,some words but not all!

i have this receiver also,since one month,and i must say,like i already told in another post here,on board,that the zapping time is very slow,often it happens that the software hangs,during zapping,and i have to make cold reboot,now i dont know,does my stb,that i bought on ebay have a hardware problem,or is this normal?
for my it looks like in this modell the have not enough memory installed this make zapping much slower then on the older!
i only payed 70€ for it!
still a nice testing object,and the remote controll locks much better then the old one,only the blue neo light in the front is a little bit iritating me!

there is also since a couole of time,a newer modell out hd with twin tuner type KSC N660 HZ,does anyone,here also tested this?

look ebay item nr 170378600202

i think this would be the better choice,then ksc 660!

jer49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 600 & 7000
topfield 3000cipro
3 180 cm dishes
1 c-band
My Location
netherlands
Sorry Turok for using the Dutch language in my reply.

I was mentioning that i didnot succeed in getting new software update by OTA. Asked Rudoldebeer what was the latest he had on his machine.
I am very satisfied sofar on its performance. But some editinf tools would be fine. I havent found them... Did you?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
sorry i have also no tools for this receiver!
also iam not sure,what version of settings editor i can use for this modell,because every modell need another editor,that is not compatible with the other !
maybe for this modell currencly now settings loader exisits!

rudolfdebeer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
Forget the Dutch,
She is a very fast zapper, superior to older kaon receivers.
Has a slight problem with combi USALS rotor and other diseq switches with antennas, tends to default to AMOS sat (probably because units were ment for Albania :) Picture and sound superb.
HD cap and HDMI upscale also. For this price you can't better cinema seat. No emu and no settings editor. No need to contact Korea, because I did already. Get used to some differences in the RC and the HD blue button behaviour. Hopefully dutchies remain in agreed english here or i start using pin yin postings :)))

Turok said:
Hello!
sorry i cannot read dutch language..

some say,its very simular to german,some words but not all!

i have this receiver also,since one month,and i must say,like i already told in another post here,on board,that the zapping time is very slow,often it happens that the software hangs,during zapping,and i have to make cold reboot,now i dont know,does my stb,that i bought on ebay have a hardware problem,or is this normal?
for my it looks like in this modell the have not enough memory installed this make zapping much slower then on the older!
i only payed 70€ for it!
still a nice testing object,and the remote controll locks much better then the old one,only the blue neo light in the front is a little bit iritating me!

there is also since a couole of time,a newer modell out hd with twin tuner type KSC N660 HZ,does anyone,here also tested this?

look ebay item nr 170378600202

i think this would be the better choice,then ksc 660!

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
sure,i dont recogneized this modell,has dual twin tuner inside,but how it looks no one have this modell here!

rudolfdebeer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC S660 HD
My Location
Europe
Like hey, remember sat4all, that is for dutch, here it is english and maybe you get away with hi m8.

Never experienced channels galloping away, what you have there is incorrect operating your remote, get used to it, differs a bit with the menu from older KAON's and the alternative firms used there.

Only problem is the runaway at times to AMOS for some default bug
at restart. Minor problem. The Technisats look similar to these Kaon's, why would that be? Don't scan too many sats, too many channels around nowadays and half are Radio channels!!, they do occupy memory. Restrict to FTA network search. Will give you some problem missing out on BBC3 and BBC4 on Astra2/Eurobird. So take your options in such case, full scann or only on identified transponders.
_www.kingofsat.net or lyngsat

jer49 said:
Dank je Rudolf.

Hij geeft de melding: Er is geen nieuwe software.. (Return Code:#D)

Ga er dan maar vanuit dat ik de laatste er in heb zitten.
Ontvanger 1 maand geleden gekocht via een Satshop in Duitsland.

Recent probleem: kanalenlijst slaat op hol bij het zappen. Lijkt wel een gokkast... Enig idee?

BTW, quite a few units sold by the container loads, not heard much complaints.