New to 7020: WHAT to choose?

eastshore72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB-7020s
My Location
Russia
Hi all,
Like I said above,I don't have much experience playing with 7020. I don't realy even know, where to start from and what my configuration suppose to be. Therefore, I ask everyone's help. So, here it goes. This is what I need: Receive decoded Dre-Crypt channel without buying conditional access module(dre-crypt) from local store.Now, what image do I need?; What cam and(or)emulator do I need to install and where to get it? I had PLi image installed before, nothing else. Now I've done my box factory image flashed with. Please, advise where to start.
Thanks a lot!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Start by changing the base image again - you cant do much with the factory image.

Very simple to do if you have the 7020 on your network - in fact set it up for multiboot and you can play with different images.

eastshore72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB-7020s
My Location
Russia
Thanks, man. I guess, I will stick with one image to make it easy ... I will go ahead and try Gemini 4.50 first. And what is my next step?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Download some cams and manually install them via ftp - you cant install any via the Gemini servers any longer

Please correct your location - we do not permit incorrect locations on this forum. I know its a small point but it can make a big difference if you ask a tecghnical question where the answer is location specific.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Make sure its a genuine boxes as i wouldn't put it past the scumbags at Gemini to try and damage clone 7020 units also.

There are much better images out there than Gemini.

Nano

eastshore72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB-7020s
My Location
Russia
nanochickin said:
Make sure its a genuine boxes as i wouldn't put it past the scumbags at Gemini to try and damage clone 7020 units also.

There are much better images out there than Gemini.

Nano
No, my box is allright.. I got about 3 yrs ago, but didn't have time to play with it until now.. I installed Gemini 4.7(gemini-470-dm7020-200912021653) on it, everything working smooth.. nanochickin, what other images are you talking about? Please, share :)