My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4K
GiGaBlue UHD Qaud 4K
GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K
VU+ Zero 4K
My Location
UK
phoenix101 said:
guys, I'm more confused then ever now. I want a good, decent HD box which I can use for C/S . I box which is easy to use and navigate and has a 7 day EPG. I don't really want to have to spend more then about £150 on the box itself. please someone point me in the right direction. This is soo confusing :-worship

For £150 you wont get a HD receiver with a decent EPG, best you will get now & next if your lucky. For decent epg look at the VU+ Receivers, the cheapest being the VU+ Solo @ £269.95 with free UK delivery.

Non Linux receivers like the TM5402 or Spiderboxs are ok to use CCcam as a client only, I wont go into anymore detail than that.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
phoenix101 said:
guys, I'm more confused then ever now. I want a good, decent HD box which I can use for C/S . I box which is easy to use and navigate and has a 7 day EPG. I don't really want to have to spend more then about £150 on the box itself. please someone point me in the right direction. This is soo confusing :-worship

What is there to be confused about? If you want reasonable spec you have to spend some money. If you dont want to spend money then you dont get the full performance

You are looking at nearer £250 than £150 for what you want..

Dont bother with the cheap stuff - it will leave you disappointed & wanting more. Nanochickin & WoS have given you some decent boxes to look at.

phoenix101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Computer - Windows 7, CuteFTP, FlashWizard
My Location
Bromley, London
ok, thank you

what is meant by being able to only use ccam as a client only on the spider boxes??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The clients cant host a card and share it - you share TO them rather than FROM them

phoenix101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Computer - Windows 7, CuteFTP, FlashWizard
My Location
Bromley, London
Hi Everyone,

I would like to say thank you sooo much to everyone who helped me here with this issue. I decided that instead of spending a hole lot of money on a top market receiver, first it would be better for me to learn the ropes on something simple and easy. My mate gave me his Openbox S9 to play around with so i'm just going to mess around with that for now. but once again, thank you

phoenix x x

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
phoenix101 said:
what is meant by being able to only use ccam as a client only on the spider boxes??
Server = Host = gives.
Client = guest (or parasite in some cases) = receives.

Sharing is when you both give and receive, i.e. run a box that operates in both modes. It's a bit like going to the pub with 10 mates and buying rounds. Your mates buy for you and you buy for them... but if you are the kind of guy that disappears to the bathroom whenever it is your round a client box is exactly what you need... it even gives you an excuse for not coughing up when it's your round.