Newbie query on cards

Newbie21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish, hotbird dish
My Location
UK
Very much a newbie in this world - the old Lemon box passed on to me sometime ago broke - I am now debating whether to buy a technomate 7102hd or an icecrypt 6000. Both have card slots. The dish is directed to hotbird, mainly for the Italian progs. I can't find on the internet what cards would be used with progs that I could get - silly question for those who know - but what could I get with what card on a hotbird dish please - thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For the RAI channels a Tivusat card & cam. About £200 using uk suppliers, half that if someone buys it in Italy & ships it over

For Sky Italia you need an NDS Videoguard card. The easiest way to get Sky Italia is to buy a card & receiver.

Newbie21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish, hotbird dish
My Location
UK
For the RAI channels a Tivusat card & cam. About £200 using uk suppliers, half that if someone buys it in Italy & ships it over

For Sky Italia you need an NDS Videoguard card. The easiest way to get Sky Italia is to buy a card & receiver.

thanks - does the rai card simply give me access to the broadcasts protected by media guard or does it open the doors to other stations?
Also arte - a French station - I used to get that but abt 6 months ago I could only get the sound - do you know why that could be please?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tivusat gives you access to a dozen or so of RAI's services encrypted in Nagravision.

Audio but no video is quite common - they hope you like what you hear and will subscribe to get the pictures!

Some of the Indian channels on 9E have the video clear & the audio off for similar reasons.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
We do have a Tivusat Sub-Forum if you want to gen up.

But don't forget that Rai Uno, Due, Tre, Canale 5 etc are actually available FTA anyway except when Premium stuff is being shown (eg Formula 1)

My Wife is of Italian extraction and she's still happy with the FTA stuff: A Tivusat Card hasn't yet proved to be necessary.

Newbie21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish, hotbird dish
My Location
UK

£200 just for the card & cam?? Is it a lifetime card or an annual subscription or what?

Newbie21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish, hotbird dish
My Location
UK
We do have a Tivusat Sub-Forum if you want to gen up.

But don't forget that Rai Uno, Due, Tre, Canale 5 etc are actually available FTA anyway except when Premium stuff is being shown (eg Formula 1)

My Wife is of Italian extraction and she's still happy with the FTA stuff: A Tivusat Card hasn't yet proved to be necessary.

That's what I have been getting with the old box (museum piece!) Rai 1, 3, 4, Scuola, News, Storia, Sports and a few other odds & sods - maybe I'll stick without a card for a bit - had no idea they were going to be so expensive even if bought in Italy

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
2galli have card and cam for about 100EUR.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
£200 just for the card & cam?? Is it a lifetime card or an annual subscription or what?

Well lifetime for the life of the card. They will be replaced at some point.