Nokia DVB2000 + Red CAM 478

L

LVR

Hello all,

Anyone know why I donnot succeed in making my stuff work ?
even with the last 24oct Baracuda v105 files neither the strsh files.

My config is :
Nokia 9600s with DVB2000 v1847 Firmware
Via Red CAM v1 478
GoldWafer PCB card

What is my mistake ?

LVR

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
HI,

Is this problem at http://www.no-access.de/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=DVB_01&action=display&num=1003265494 similar to your?

Zoran

L

LVR

Thank You for Replying,

No the CAM seems to work fine : I can go to the Nokia CAM menu and see status menu displaing versions, Manufacturer ...

But if I try to go to Autorization menu (for example) or I try to see a scramnled channel I get tehe "Please Load a Smartcard" on the TV set as if my card is not recognized as a Viaccess one.

I tried plenty of Smartcard firmwares (Baracuda's, STRSH's, RedCAM pactcher's ...) none as been working.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
how do you know the card itself is ok? Can you get it working on some other machine/CAM? You may have a duff card.

2old

L

LVR

Following your suggest I tested my receiver/CAM with an official card and it works fine.

I need now to understand how to be sure my GOLDCARD is working.

I tested the wiring and it is fully compliant.

Do you have a tric for going futher ?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Actually, I did not suggest doing what you have done (testing another card in your equipment). My suggestion was that you test your card in another machine/CAM which is known to work with a goldcard. That's the only way you can be sure your card is working.
2old

L

LVR

Thank 2old,

but I have no way to test how you suggest.

I checked the wiring of my GoldWafer PCB like card (with a GoldWafer diagram I have) and the 2 chips are programmed and readable.

Are there some specific options that come from the¨PIC hex file (WDT PWRT CP) and should be setup another way ?
Perhaps my diagram is not the good one. Do you know a wiring diagram I may check against ?

Else the configuration with a Nokia.DVB 2000 and a RedCam 478 is not working with the Baracuda ? Should I upgrade the CAM for example to a 481 ? How to do this ?

Thanks for your support

L

LVR

hello 2old4this

what do you thinkabout the message I found on another Forum ?
Is this a reason explaining my troubles ?

Thanks for replying

"
I've seen very little pic software which supports the use of PTS (ie,
changing of baud rate).
478/481 can't be fooled by changing the ATR like the 4.77
What PIC files are you using which work in a 481 ?
Also, many people ask for working software for these cams, which I guess they wouldn't if all files available worked.
As for PC software, the clock used by these cams is higher than normal and although the ATR baud rate can be supported by a PC the data baud rate cannot, unless of course you use a modified coms card in your pc and even then switching baud fast enough under Windows ain't easy.
"

L

LVR

In fact my problem is related to the quality of the contacts between my GoldWafer PCB and the RedCAM Module.
It seems that the PCB is too rigid compared to an official card.
So I confirm that on this config the Baracuda V 105 is working at least for the momment.
Regards and Thanks to every contribution trying to jhelp me and for sure to Dave who gave me the solution on another Forum.