nova card number being flashed on my tv screen

tazmoby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nova plus official nova receiver
My Location
perth
hi i have nova in my pub and the viewing card number is being flashed up on the screen . i read somewhere that i could loop the official receiver thru a technomate to stop this happening but im not sure how do do this. help please??

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yes the fa will be doing the same as what happened with other providers viasat, sky italia etc going out to pubs and turning the cards off.

you will have to use the technomate as the main box, connect the satellite coax to the dish input on the technomate receiver and using a piece satellite extension cable connect this to the IF loop socket on the technomate receiver and then to the dish input on the nova receiver.

once you have done this make sure the technomate receiver is on standby if the nova card gets put back in the official receiver otherwise you wont get any signal on the nova receiver.

tazmoby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
perth
Thanks for the swift reply mate. Could you explain something too me please as I'm technically inept. Does the card sit in the technomate at all times and is the technomate to be left on standby at all times? Cheers

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
tazmoby said:
Thanks for the swift reply mate. Could you explain something too me please as I'm technically inept. Does the card sit in the technomate at all times and is the technomate to be left on standby at all times? Cheers

I think Wod is saying the nova card should now live in the technomate and the technomate needs to be on to view unless you put the card back into the nova box, in which case the technomate will need to be in standby or the nova box will get no signal

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yes if you put the nova card into the technomate receiver you wont have the card number appearing on screen.

One thing before you go a head and buy anything, is the nova card recent, i think cards may be paired with nova receivers now and it might not work.

Was this information given to you from your nova card supplier, they would have a better idea of what works and doesn't.

tazmoby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
perth
Yeah the card is recent mate. I already have a technomate 1500 box so I only need a cable. I will give my supplier a buzz tommorrow. Ive just paid £1200 for a year and don't really fancy havin ma card switched off.

tazmoby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
perth
Having spoke to my supplier he says the box is paired to the card so the technomate solution will not work. Anyone got any other ideas??

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
tazmoby said:
Having spoke to my supplier he says the box is paired to the card so the technomate solution will not work. Anyone got any other ideas??

What encryption does the card run?

Someone in the know may have links to a box key generator or something like the N*S box key tool so you can fool the card into thinking it`s in the official boxes card slot

There again, there might not be such a thing for the nova cards

[Edit]

As you have the card and the TM already, swap the TM for the nova box and turn it on, goto an encrypted nova channel and put your nova ard in the box and see if it clears

If it does you might be half way there but you`d need to make sure the card would take the updates to stay alive, what soft cam to use, I do not know but it`s gotta be worth a shot lol

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
A dreambox with emu night be better as that would stop the card number appearing on screen.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It's more likely to work in a Linux machine, eg Dreambox I think. Have a read up on that.