Octagon SX88 4K - seems pretty good...

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
Just bought me a new toy - seems a decent receiver, for a NON E2 STB - blind scan seems to work exceptionally well, has some nice features like Netflix, Prime, and others portals, plus some other free IPTV stuff.

worth a punt at 80 odd quid I say....regular updates it seems too.

5w multiscan working ok DD+ working on the french channels also, which was an issue on the non 4K version i think

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I thought it was an E2 receiver.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
nope
video here if it helps:
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhSKkt1ANU

BobWhp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self-installed system a few years ago. Two LNBs (at 13E Hotbird & 28.2E Astra) feeding a TM Twin OE in one room and (at the moment) a TM Nano M3 in a bedroom. These feeds via two DiSEqC v1.0
Tired of being too technical.. just want something that works without needing excessive setup. Don't want paid content, just UK & overseas Free to Air.
My Location
Bristol
This is the UHD version, I think? I've just had a nasty experience with a Nano-M3 replacing an old TM-5200D. The Nano had difficult (to me) Engima2 and no (at least no easy) way of setting 'Favourites'. It's in the post back to the supplier. I'm looking for something that will give me access to Hotbird and Astra in HD (UHD would be a bonus for future); I want an easy setup and easy access to our favourites. Straightforward firmware/software updates, re-finding channels that have moved and new ones that have appeared. Decent instructions too ((not much German, I hope). The IPTV stuff is new to me - a bonus. Would you say that this Octagon fits the bill?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
The SF8008 is probably a better buy, it can run the SX88 4K operating system, and gives you the option of Enigma 2 should you ever wish to dabble again. Doesn't cost much more either and has the bonus of superior low symbol rate performance over the actual SX88 4K.