Old blue and yellow Sky TV card wanted!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Now that's got me wondering if I still have my old yellow house card from when I had sky about 10 years ago, the box it was in (Thomson DSI4212) had rusted badly in storage and I can't recall if I left the card in it or not... :confused

Also makes me wonder if the older yellow "Blue Egg logo" cards have the same effect, I know I have one of those in my Pace MSS300 (yeah, I still have it!! Too nice a box to throw out!!!), doubt it though... :-lmao

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Also makes me wonder if the older yellow "Blue Egg logo" cards have the same effect, I know I have one of those in my Pace MSS300
Doubt it. If it was in an MSS300 then it would have been an analogue Videocrypt card.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's only Yellow House cards and they have to have been in a Sky + box when they swapped the cards.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
RolfW. Received the item today. I think it was from you. :)

CHEERS.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, well if it isn't it's a big coincidence.:)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Be sure let us know if it does activate the recording feature as well as regionalise the box. Check what version of BBC1 and ITV you have before and after inserting the card.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
I'll be trying it soon and will post the results on here.

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
Not received mine yet rolfw, my post delivery office always seems to hold stuff for an extra day. :blink:

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
That gives me BBC1 South, but unsure of ITV region. ;)

Oh yeah and a heads up at this point. Just to inform you all that Sky are looking for these cards on Ebay and any that get listed are being taken down at their request. How ironic. Folks who sell the current active white cards are not being touched at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
There shouldn't be any Sky cards on eBay or anywhere else as they supposedly belong to Sky

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
They've often had purges on Cards from eBay, over the years..

Oddly, it's never stopped them seriously addressing the barely concealed selling/use of Subs to people using their Cards outside the Uk/RoI.

I wonder why that might be ............... ???

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I've never intentionally bought a Sky card off eBay but I have had a few left in boxes that I've bought which where useful back in the days when there were more FTV channels.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
I remember looking at cards for sale at the Burnley flea market, all of them old and expired cards (the first pale Blue sky digital cards, the yellow house, a couple of white ones, and even analogue cards like my yellow one too), and I asked the guy if he knew they were dead as a dodo and he just came back with "no no, they get you free channel", to which I pointed out that you can get the free channels without the card and he said "no no, you need card for free channel, no channel without card", I just walked off after that, I suppose the yellow house ones would be useful now if they were the right types, but, he wanted £10 for a dead card, so, nah...

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Had a bit of luck. I bought an old white Sky+ box from Gumtree and there was an old card in the slot and it is working! Took a chance and it paid off! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ee, by gumtree.

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
Had a bit of luck. I bought an old white Sky+ box from Gumtree and there was an old card in the slot and it is working! Took a chance and it paid off! :)

IMHO you are really lucky. I tried this but to no avail. Guess you will have one within the same region maybe which would be a nice bonus. Nice find :)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
I have ended up with 3 working cards. On the other hand, I have bought some which were dead - it's luck of the draw - but that will do me nicely! Still have one to try yet, fingers crossed! :)

A little update: tried the fourth card and it's dead. Oh well, three is not shabby at all!!

Last edited:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, three is the magic number... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Interesting post over on DS saying that since firmware version R011.075.52.00P was rolled to his Sky box the blue card recording on his receiver no longer works, (but it does still work in his second receiver for now - so its not a dead card).

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I just noticed that post and came here to see if anyone had reported any issues.