Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
From a DX point of view, isn't the 5402 just as good as the F15?

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
5402 has no spectrum analyser and signal quality shown in db. It has blind scan which is good. However I prefer f-15.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Can you not flash the TM5402 with F15 software? I think you need to edit the firmware file in a hex editor but I don't have any details beyond that...

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Captain Jack said:
Can you not flash the TM5402 with F15 software? I think you need to edit the firmware file in a hex editor but I don't have any details beyond that...

I suppose there is a danger it might not like the fact that it can't find the SD card reader and a few other little extras that seem exclusive to Dr.HD units (like optional temp monitor)?

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
I mailed dr-hd.com and I know everything (I think so).

We need a new thread soon because NEW DR.HD F-15 IS COMING !!! with new name.

The mail I received bellow :

Dear CustomerWhere are you from? Poland?we can provide next generation F15 soon, with new name and new price(betterprice).I think next month you could see this product launch.Thanks!Best RegardsRicky Chen

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is that the F-22 then?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's good news ............ looking forward to a Review in due course.

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
I think it is something like that:
f-15 turns into new named receiver
f-16 turns into dr.hd Grand
f-22 is now named dr.hd Grand Triplex

so they change every receiver they offer.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
Got it home, connected, flashed 125p and the other goodies.
How do you flash this box? Where do you get your latest patched software from? I understand the box supports CCCam.

Have to somehow convert my Uno channel list to the Dr HD format.
Has a solution been found? Or would I have to run channel search and then use a dedicated channel editor?

I tried the HD GUI on an earlier release but didn't really like the layout as I'm used to Technomate boxes and the SD GUI is closer to the TM design. I've read elsewhere that the new software is buggy when recording BISS encoded channels. Anyone noticed a problem?
Has anything changed in the HD GUI department?
Also, can anyone confirm the problem with recording BISS channels?

and support has all but died
Another opinion about support missing. :(

And one other thing, does it work correctly with USALS rotor, eg. Moteck SG-2100?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You flash the box using a USB stick. Check the other thread for where to get the files.

Never bothered converting it as it only supports 16 favourite lists, whereas in Enigma2, it's pretty much unlimited. I just created my own lists using a channel editor. There are a few around with the best one for me being ClarkTech Editor.

No problems with USALS

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Which of the site sponsors stock th DRHD F15? Is it likely to be the current model for long, or should I wait for a replacement?

Cheers

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The replacement is D15 but, in my view, inferior due to lack of outputs. Sensitivity seems to be the same but I would try sourcing a F15 if you can.

macx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm6902hd-t2 super receiver
6ft c.master dish.
My Location
county down.
The replacement is D15 but, in my view, inferior due to lack of outputs. Sensitivity seems to be the same but I would try sourcing a F15 if you can.

The Irish outlet is showing the F15 on their site, I have tried several times to buy one but there seems to be a problem with their payment system, I spoke with their office in Ireland waste off time, have settled for a Spiderbox HD9900 instead.

macx.

macx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm6902hd-t2 super receiver
6ft c.master dish.
My Location
county down.
The Irish outlet is showing the F15 on their site, I have tried several times to buy one but there seems to be a problem with their payment system, I spoke with their office in Ireland waste off time, have settled for a Spiderbox HD9900 instead.

macx.

That should read F16.

macx.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Does the Blind Scan on the DrHD F15 only add actual active transponders or is it like the DrHD D15 & TM5402HD M3 add loads of dead transponders due to a data base error that has never been fixed ?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
It only adds actual live transponders the same as the TM5402HD Mark 1 version, as you can probably guess the Mark 2 was made in China the same as the newer D15/M3 and CT4100 which all exhibit the same Problems

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
Does the Blind Scan on the DrHD F15 only add actual active transponders or is it like the DrHD D15 & TM5402HD M3 add loads of dead transponders due to a data base error that has never been fixed ?

The F15 and tm 5302 only scan in active tp and I find the tuner on the F15 to be much more sensitive then the D15.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
...also needs this installed after the first flash -http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110

CJ,

What is this smart module that needs to be installed after the first flash and is it only to be installed after the first flash, cant be installed after later flashes?

Thx

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It allows you to use smart cards and "other features" of the receiver such as BISS key entry. You'll activate these by pressing red, green and yellow buttons. You only need to flash it once - doesn't matter if you update the firmware at a later date.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It allows you to use smart cards and "other features" of the receiver such as BISS key entry. You'll activate these by pressing red, green and yellow buttons. You only need to flash it once - doesn't matter if you update the firmware at a later date.

CJ,

I am able to enter BISS keys and clear a picture without having flashed the "Smart Module" file.
It sounds like the smart module file is an equivalent to the Technomate "addon002p" file?
Do you know if the "Network" functions will work without the smart module?

Also, would you know if there are any other files I should flash the F15 with? The ones I am aware of are a firmware patch such as 125p, my channel list in NDF format and possibly the smart module, are there any more?

Finally, when testing last night I did a blind scan of 12.5W at the same time with the F15 and D15, the F15 picked up a lot more channels.
However, for some of the channels that both the F15 and the D15 picked up only the D15 gave a picture, whereas the F15 gave a "No Audio/Video" message even though I had a picture from the D15 at the same time. Any thoughts on this, the satellite was 12.5W and the frequency was 12675 H, SR3178, channel name "Service 01"? It was an ITN world cup feed so may be active again today and for the next few weeks.

Rgds

Last edited: