PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
A police patrol is parked outside a pub. The officer inside notices a man leaving so apparently intoxicated that he can barely walk. The man stumbles around the parked cars for a few minutes with the officer quietly observing.

After what seems an eternity, in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man manages to find his car and fall into it. He sits there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons leave the pub and drive off.

Finally he starts the car, switches the wipers on and off (it's a fine, dry summer night) flicks the indicators on and off a couple of times, honks the horn and then switches on the lights. He moves the vehicle forward a few inches, reverses a little, and then remains still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons leave in their vehicles.

At last, when his is the only car left there he pulls out and drives slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now starts up his car, puts on his stop lights and promptly pulls the man over. He administers a breathalyser test but, to his amazement, the breathalyser shows that the man has drunk no alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer says, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyser equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," says the man. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."