Pace DS810XE

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone got this receiver? any good? how does it work with USALS?

EDW

Reaction score
h**p://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/products/prodinfo.asp?PID=DS810

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Likvid said:
Anyone got this receiver? any good? how does it work with USALS?

Yes, I really want to know if it's any good too.

I have a horrible feeling that the BBC HD fix for the Humax 1000 and 2000 might not materialise in time for the WC (unless they've hit the streets in the last 48 hrs) leaving the Pace as the prime candidate for off-the-shelf BBC HD STB's.

I can't find anyone who's got one... :-bash

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Where does the XE figure in relation to the KP?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Another good question!

The KP kills the XE in terms of search results, but it's not obvious what the differences are... if any

This is all getting too complicated. I think I'll get my relatives in Australia to send me a piggin' Topfield TF7000HT!

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
THe XE is the European version and the KP is the Premiere spec. version. Talked yesterday on the phone with a sat online shop located in the U.K. and said that he had tested himself the XE and that it could lock the BBC test channel. But for sure I can't also confirm(as the guy wants to sell them of course), and this is leaving everyone with very few options(a Skystar card or the Sky HD Digibox)!:(

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The design of the Pace is great and i was thinking of getting a DVB-S2 receiver.

It seems well priced below 400 euro.

How good is the Pace brand? is it quality stuff or what do you think?

Kathrein is selling it also.

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Likvid said:
It seems well priced below 400 euro.

Where:eek: ? Please tell me. I've been searching on the web for it.

At least in terms of reliability, I have read it's a brand that you can trust. In terms of tuning sensibility, the Pace 2600 and the 430 are considered very good for fringe reception. I have read reviews of the American "Digiboxes" that are also Pace, are the most reliable. So I wouldn't see Pace throwing the cheap components into a Hi-Def. receiver for a new launch of HD boxes.

Check the KP version test here: _http://www.cine4home.de/tests/sonstiges/PaceDS810/PremiereHD.htm

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rato said:
Where:eek: ? Please tell me. I've been searching on the web for it.

At least in terms of reliability, I have read it's a brand that you can trust. In terms of tuning sensibility, the Pace 2600 and the 430 are considered very good for fringe reception. I have read reviews of the American "Digiboxes" that are also Pace, are the most reliable. So I wouldn't see Pace throwing the cheap components into a Hi-Def. receiver for a new launch of HD boxes.

Check the KP version test here: _http://www.cine4home.de/tests/sonstiges/PaceDS810/PremiereHD.htm
Now you are almost forcing me to buy one :D

At least Pace been in this game since the old days so they should know what they are doing.

You can get the Pace for 389 euro in Germany from Satplace.de

_https://www.satplace.de/spnew/frontend/index.php?disp=pdetail&id=841&PHPSESSID=07704eb86d4260953e610c68f1e9c883

Another review:

_http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2006/Pace_DS810_KP_01.shtml

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
BGonaSTICK said:
Another good question!

The KP kills the XE in terms of search results, but it's not obvious what the differences are... if any

This is all getting too complicated. I think I'll get my relatives in Australia to send me a piggin' Topfield TF7000HT!

What you need is this one, it will kick some serious butt.

Kaon KSF-S700H2

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, I checked out the Kaon yesterday, and fallen in love ;)

They're also doing a base HD model and a sat/terrestrial flavour.

Not out yet though, or probably any time soon.

Rato is correct about the 810 versioning too BTW. Much like the Humax 2000/1000 sketch.

Did I not read a post by RD100 about the Pace 810 being crap and not working/returned?

The forum's too slow for me to go and check right now, but I think I'm right :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Oh, I see you caught up with that thread too... :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Apparently the 810 has the same issues with BBC HD that are currently causing mayhem on the Humax boxes... :(

Premiere also kicking off about the proposed firmware upgrade too...

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
This is really getting out of hand with the manufacturers and the providers! :mad: I hope that in the future thay can get their act together and not make consumers wast their money on false statments saying that you can see the event(the World Cup in HD on a non-Sky HD receiver), and then the receiver of that same manufacturer can't even lock on the channel!:-doh! . It's past May 15th. for the BBC official test trials and would be nice from them to say at least to the general public: "only receivable with Sky HD digiboxes" or "receivable with any FTA HD receiver & Sky HD Digiboxes"

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Fortunately, both the Humax boxes (and almost certainly the Pace) will do Premiere HD with a Cerebro in a Dragon running Pred 3.42 or higher.

So I've read :)

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone wants the newest review this month from Tele Satellit magazine about the Humax?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rato said:
This is really getting out of hand with the manufacturers and the providers! :mad: I hope that in the future thay can get their act together and not make consumers wast their money on false statments saying that you can see the event(the World Cup in HD on a non-Sky HD receiver), and then the receiver of that same manufacturer can't even lock on the channel!:-doh! .
Don't hold your breath. The UK Government keeps banging on about the switch over to digital yet doesn't insist that new TVs should have Freeview built in. Oh, of course there will be a free STB handed out at Tescos from 2010. Silly me'O'-red

R

Rd100

Yes please hook us up,

Also i had the KP premiere version of the 810 the xe version is the euro one it has diffrent software, Also there is a technomate Hd receiver due out by september

Likvid said:
Anyone wants the newest review this month from Tele Satellit magazine about the Humax?

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
rato said:
(a Skystar card or the Sky HD Digibox)!:(
Despite being at a price so high you would think Sky could afford to buy their own digibox factory with the proceeds:

news article

Quote: "Asked whether Sky could guarantee that punters would get their HD for the start of the World Cup a Sky spokesman replied: "We will install thousands of Sky HD boxes before the start of the World Cup and we expect that every customer who was due to have their box for the World Cup will have Sky HD for at least part of the tournament."

What days the final then?...

its a bummer about the Humax, I was pretty close to taking the plunge... wait for Kaon I suppose and see whats next.

Paul

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think that the Humax will be ready. Folks are beta-testing the patch, and all looks good. Doesn't knock out Premiere either, apparently.

Get your list of shops with stock, 'cos they'll disappear pronto once the patch hits the streets.

It will appear here first according to Humax.