Pace DS810XE

djdan00

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview, SKY +, Pace HD....
My Location
UK
I have a Pace DS810XE and want to get premiere HD or euro1080.
Do any of the cams which support nagra etc work on the latest firmware of the DS810??
Or do I have to get an original cam that works load it then swap for a dragon to make it work (and not touch the settings via the box)??
The list of cams that work are all offical cams so are useless without offical card from germany etc etc.

Any help??
Thanks

Zipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
Diablo lite works fine including euro 1080 official card!.:-worship

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Zipper said:
Diablo lite works fine including euro 1080 official card!.:-worship

Thanks for that great info, Zipper!:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Is it working properly with Dragon/T-Rex cards yet? I still want one!!! :D

rage99

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD-3000IP
Infinity USB Phoenix
T-Rex Supermodule 4.6
50" Pioneer Plasma HD
My Location
West Midlands
Remember,, Pace make the SKY boxes, so they are really not gonna want to involve ANY pirate satellite gear with any of their receivers!

Pezz121

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Austrian
2cvbloke said:
Is it working properly with Dragon/T-Rex cards yet? I still want one!!! :D

Accepts Dragon , T-rex & Diablo , with all the lastest updates . T*S , Pr*mi*r , C*bo all working sweet . The only thing it doesn't do is the HD channels .

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
rage99 said:
Remember,, Pace make the SKY boxes, so they are really not gonna want to involve ANY pirate satellite gear with any of their receivers!

Eh??? The DS180XE is a Non-Sky reciever... :confused

sky have no say in what Pace can or can't make...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pezz121 said:
Accepts Dragon , T-rex & Diablo , with all the lastest updates . T*S , Pr*mi*r , C*bo all working sweet . The only thing it doesn't do is the HD channels .

Is that the skyHD channels? :confused

At least the Dragon/T-rex cams works now, makes me want the box now... :D

rage99

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD-3000IP
Infinity USB Phoenix
T-Rex Supermodule 4.6
50" Pioneer Plasma HD
My Location
West Midlands
but theres no point in getting a hd box if the t-rex dont work for the hd channels,. thats pretty shitty.

Tommy7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-707 FTA
My Location
Portugal
Hello, i want to buy a Pace DS 810 KPR HDTV.
It is a good buy now?
Its possible to unlock HD pay channels whit firmware or cam?
Please help. :-worship

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
I have just taken delivery of a brand new Pace DS810XE at a ridiculous low price of £99 and I am very pleased with it so far. The menus are MUCH better than the Humax HDC 2000 and the searching is almost Blind Search. The channel changing is also very fast compared to the Humax. There are no 'blank screens' when changing HD channels. They come up instantly.
The picture quality is equally if not slightly better than the Humax too.
At less than half the price of the 'error-prone' Humax I think Pace are onto a winner. I ahve yet t try it with my motorised dish and also to try it with a Dragon Cam. I will report on that when I have done so.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hmmm..

While the receiver is excellent generally, once again, like the Humax, using a motorised dish with it is somewhat difficult and prone to failures.

It took me a few days to work out how to set the dish up as there is absolutely NOTHING in the manual about using a motorised dish.

I had already tuned in a few sats via a 4-way Diseq switch and when finally sussing out how to change to mortorised dish I expected all my channels to be lost as is with most other receivers, but strangely it retained them all and what's more, it seemed to find the Sats using the motor straight away! So it must have some kind of 'Sat-finding' feature, or most likely has USALs as a default and takes one or more of the tuned Sats as a reference? As never once did it ask me for my lat/long position. Not sure really. Anyway, after a lot more dabbling I found how to manually search for sats and to fine-tune the position. There is no separate 'signal and quality' bar graph just a general locator graph. So it was not very good to use it for fine-tuning. Also, it seemed to lose a few Sats in the West after tuning them in.

So rather than have this instability I reverted back to the 4-way Diseq switch on this receiver and will stick with that until perhaps Pace improve the motorised feature.

As for the Dragon Cam, I could not get this to work at all, apart from it recognising it and allowing to enter codes, but this seemed a bit wrong too as I enter the first code and nothing happens. It won't move on to the next one and it also hangs up then and won't allow me to exit at all. A power-off was the only way to get out of it.

I have had problems with this Cam on my Humax too as it doesnt seem to work now on that so maybe the Cam is at fault here.

Generally though, it is a good quality receiver and I am sure if Pace attended to the finer points and explained in the manual how to get at them it would be a real winner at the price.

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox2 with SC8in1, Nokia 9600 with Freecam, Nokia 9500 with Amon Cam (with Xtal mod), and Manhattan 6900
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Barry,

There is new firmware available on Astra 1 which is supposed to cure the Dragon cam problem. I have the receiver and have downloaded the update, but no cam at the moment. Can you try out the new firmware and confirm it works?

Regards,
GAH

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi GAH

Which version is this? As when I got the receiver last week I immediately downloaded the latest firmware from Astra 1 so I may have it on now but it doesn't cure the Dragon problem.

It is shown as version 1.0.26

Cheers.

Barry.

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox2 with SC8in1, Nokia 9600 with Freecam, Nokia 9500 with Amon Cam (with Xtal mod), and Manhattan 6900
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the quick reply. 1.0.26 is the version that is meant to cure all cam problems. As I mentioned, I don't have a cam at the moment (might buy the Diablo if it'll work), but if you're a member of Satpimps (hope it's ok to mention another forum here), there is a thread there saying that the update has fixed the problem. There is confirmation the T.Rex cam now work fine.

Regards,
GAH

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi GAH

I think my problem is my Cam really because it also won't work on the Humax HD receiver too. Yet it did initially. It seems now to ignore any updates you feed it, be it Pred or code updates.

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Hi guys!

Great info on the Pace update.:)

Barry, try to install a different Pred. software on the Dragon CAM to see if it's a version incompatibility issue. The Pred. 3.57 on my Drag. CAM with the Humax HDCI-2000 takes a long while to be recognized and I have to take out my Sky card for it to initialize and then put it in. with the 3.55, I don't have this issue.

GAH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Guys,

Is anyone here using the Diablo Cam in a Pace? They seem to be a bit cheaper than a T-rex Cam, so I'll probably buy one. However, I can't seem to tune in to Premiere Sport HD. Is it still broadcasting?

Regards,
GAH

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi Rato,

That's what I did actually.

What happened was I was using V3.54 without problems a few months ago, then it stopped working with updated codes etc . I also lost Pr*mier which as you know has never changed since Xmas. Anyway along came V3.56 (I don't know what happened to V3.55 as it's not listed on the site I download from). I installed V3.56 but it refused to work. I then forgot it for a bit then saw a V3.25 offered as 'new' (puzzling, as it seemed to be stepping backwards!). I loaded this and it didn't have a 'Alladin' section at all so couldn't update codes. I then reverted back to V3.56 and again it didn't work at all.

I then scratched my loader card completelty and reloaded V3.56 again. But still no joy.

I then thought I may as well go back to V3.54 again as that was the one that worked once. Scratched the Loader again and reloaded V3.54 and still again, no joy.

I have tried the Cam in both the Humax and the pace with exactly the same negative results.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
I found another site which had a Version 3.58 Predator which I downloaded and installed in the Cam.

To my surprise it worked with D+ and C*bo. Both in the Pace and the Humax. But still it will not work with Pr*mier for some reason, even after re-entering the Dec 2006 codes.