Pairing a viewing card on sky plus hd

janet27

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Samsung 40" lcd tv, a Samsung dvd recorder and a sky satellite system
My Location
north west
Hi everyone, so I have a sky plus had box with viewing card all set up and receiving sky sports and sky cinema and my question is this. Can I get Another sky plus hd box with a free to view card in it and pair this card so that the second box also receives my sky sports and sky cinema. If this is possible can someone give me the instructions on how to do it. I spoke to a sky engineer and he told me to set up the second box and keep the free to view card in it and then follow the normal rule to,pair it. That is, go to services, and get the following information, sky box version, serial number, viewing card and receiver I’d. I did this and then went on line to sky.com and entered these details. Is this correct or should I have left my original box set up and just put the free to view card in and then go through the pairing on line.
Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

kind regards
janet

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
I believe the answer is no as the card can only be paired to one box at a time, the idea being Sky would rather you purchased a multi-room or second subscription.

Personally I use push-on F connectors so the cables can be quickly removed/replaced and move the box to where it is needed.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
The other option is to use your Sky Go login at the second location to stream the sport/movies, though the picture quality will not be as good.

janet27

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north west
I believe the answer is no as the card can only be paired to one box at a time, the idea being Sky would rather you purchased a multi-room or second subscription.

Personally I use push-on F connectors so the cables can be quickly removed/replaced and move the box to where it is needed.
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am not sure what to thin, I spoke to a Sky customer service guy last week about having a second box that I could use in my Motorhome and he told me that I could get a second box and pair the card and take that away with me. He also said that Sky rules forbid doing that and then he said “just don’t tell us”. I have been giving it a try today but I am not sure what box to us. Well looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get a second subscription.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Just move the Sky box to the motorhome when required. Otherwise you will have to go through the pairing process every time you move the card to a different box, it won't be a case of just swapping the card.

janet27

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north west
Just move the Sky box to the motorhome when required. Otherwise you will have to go through the pairing process every time you move the card to a different box, it won't be a case of just swapping the card.
Yes this is what I have been doing for years as I live alone but in January my goddaughter, her husband and their little one are moving in with me and I don’t want to leave them without sky.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
You could take the Sky box and give them your Sky login for Sky Go. Using a PC is the best option with Sky Go as you can connect it to a TV IIRC. I haven't tried this for a while as someone else is leaching our Sky Go (with permission) and they get on with it just fine.