Pli image for DM600 very nice

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have built and installed OpenPli on the DM600. It is a great image for this dreambox.

Supports following special features:
1. EPG downloaded from rytec for Sly uk/ TVV etc. Can be scheduled for overnight. Downloaded as a plugin and installed. Provides great EPG.
2. You can enable continuous ability to rewind at any stage (like on Sly boxes). This of course writes to the disk all the time, but it works great. It means if you get distracted you can ALWAYS rewind and watch the bit you missed again. You set up how far you want to be able to rewind in minutes. This is better than Enigma 2.

Otherwise it seems very stable and loads of plugins available as well as skins etc. And all is open source available from their website.

Recommend this image, especially for the Enigma 1.

Note: You can download and compile the source and toolchains (takes a long time) or you can download the binaries.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have built and installed OpenPli on the DM600. It is a great image for this dreambox.

Supports following special features:
1. EPG downloaded from rytec for Sly uk/ TVV etc. Can be scheduled for overnight. Downloaded as a plugin and installed. Provides great EPG.
2. You can enable continuous ability to rewind at any stage (like on Sly boxes). This of course writes to the disk all the time, but it works great. It means if you get distracted you can ALWAYS rewind and watch the bit you missed again. You set up how far you want to be able to rewind in minutes. This is better than Enigma 2.

Otherwise it seems very stable and loads of plugins available as well as skins etc. And all is open source available from their website.

Recommend this image, especially for the Enigma 1.

Note: You can download and compile the source and toolchains (takes a long time) or you can download the binaries.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
'You can enable continuous ability to rewind at any stage (like on Sly boxes)'

Is this possible on any of the gemini images?

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
'You can enable continuous ability to rewind at any stage (like on Sly boxes)'

Is this possible on any of the gemini images?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
No. This is the first image I have seen that has it. I used to run Gemini and then nabilo, but this is better than both of those. It takes getting used to as the buttons work differently, but it is well worth it.
And it has a 7 day EPG if you download and install it.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
No. This is the first image I have seen that has it. I used to run Gemini and then nabilo, but this is better than both of those. It takes getting used to as the buttons work differently, but it is well worth it.
And it has a 7 day EPG if you download and install it.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Do you have any screenshots of what it looks like? As a lot of time these 7day epg's sound great but look very amateur! Also is a large capacity hard drive required for the continuous rewind function?

Thanks

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Do you have any screenshots of what it looks like? As a lot of time these 7day epg's sound great but look very amateur! Also is a large capacity hard drive required for the continuous rewind function?

Thanks

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
The EPG looks exactly like the normal now/next EPG for single channel and multi-channel EPGs. So it is skin dependent.

It provides setting a timer, and getting the long description. Graphical MultiEPG also works great and again looks like the standard E2 now/next EPG.

I would post screenshots, but have no idea how to get a screenshot from the box.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
The EPG looks exactly like the normal now/next EPG for single channel and multi-channel EPGs. So it is skin dependent.

It provides setting a timer, and getting the long description. Graphical MultiEPG also works great and again looks like the standard E2 now/next EPG.

I would post screenshots, but have no idea how to get a screenshot from the box.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Type the ip of the box into your web browser and it should allow you to take a screenshot or else do a print screen!

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Type the ip of the box into your web browser and it should allow you to take a screenshot or else do a print screen!

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
SUPPORT TRUE OPEN SOURCE: OpenPli - when the team disappears, others can take over.

Here are the images:
epg2.jpg

and
epg1.jpg

Note: I am not part of the Pli team in any way - I just REALLY believe in Open Source.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
SUPPORT TRUE OPEN SOURCE: OpenPli - when the team disappears, others can take over.

Here are the images:
epg2.jpg

and
epg1.jpg

Note: I am not part of the Pli team in any way - I just REALLY believe in Open Source.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
erukus said:

Thanks
The great thing about any EPG plugin/mechanism that integrates directly with a boxes EPG system is that its dead easy to set up timers etc. This is because these things are already built into the system.

With EPG systems that provide their own interface, timers etc can be a little more problematic because of the extra coding involved (re-inventing the wheel really). EPG Evolution was the only one I've seen which pulled this off well for Enigma 1 boxes, but that's not a goer any more.

For SD transmissions on your DM600, you would need around 1Gb of free space per half hour for continuous recording. Personally, I disabled this 'feature' on my IP Box because I didnt want the hard drive constantly spinning for the sake of the very occasional time I might want to rewind. If something distracts you, you can always just press pause and your box should start recording.

Its great that Pli have decided to go open source Proper. This will be of benefit to the whole community. Fair play. :) I'll be checking it out when I have time.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
erukus said:

Thanks
The great thing about any EPG plugin/mechanism that integrates directly with a boxes EPG system is that its dead easy to set up timers etc. This is because these things are already built into the system.

With EPG systems that provide their own interface, timers etc can be a little more problematic because of the extra coding involved (re-inventing the wheel really). EPG Evolution was the only one I've seen which pulled this off well for Enigma 1 boxes, but that's not a goer any more.

For SD transmissions on your DM600, you would need around 1Gb of free space per half hour for continuous recording. Personally, I disabled this 'feature' on my IP Box because I didnt want the hard drive constantly spinning for the sake of the very occasional time I might want to rewind. If something distracts you, you can always just press pause and your box should start recording.

Its great that Pli have decided to go open source Proper. This will be of benefit to the whole community. Fair play. :) I'll be checking it out when I have time.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Appology for the screenshots - they are from my DM800 Pli. On the DM600 they are skinned a little different, but look the same essentially. I only realised this this morning.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Appology for the screenshots - they are from my DM800 Pli. On the DM600 they are skinned a little different, but look the same essentially. I only realised this this morning.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
The EPG looks good but I am always a litttle aprehensive about changing from Gemini as any time I have done - I always end up going back to it- usually it looks better and is easier to use than other images. The EPG with this would be handy though also I am concenred about the noise of the hard drive on all the time for the continuous rewind function!

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
The EPG looks good but I am always a litttle aprehensive about changing from Gemini as any time I have done - I always end up going back to it- usually it looks better and is easier to use than other images. The EPG with this would be handy though also I am concenred about the noise of the hard drive on all the time for the continuous rewind function!