Wanted Precision dish polar mount lnb

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The LNB should be no problem, but post a picture of the feed you have, along with approximate dimensions

Chris James

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Southampton
The LNB should be no problem, but post a picture of the feed you have, along with approximate dimensions
Hi this is my LNB and feed I’ll send measurements tomorrow
Did you have an idea of price I’ve been offered a 1.2 meter dish but it’s missing arms and feed and it’s 146 miles away plus as much as I’d like a big dish it’s too big for my garden biggest I can really do is a meter
Thanks

Attachments

• 293458BD-856F-4B37-BBFB-2CA8B7CA970B.jpeg
    293458BD-856F-4B37-BBFB-2CA8B7CA970B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

Chris James

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Southampton
Do you recon it would be any good to use with what you have

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Looks like a feed horn for an offset Channel Master dish.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi this is my LNB and feed I’ll send measurements tomorrow
Did you have an idea of price I’ve been offered a 1.2 meter dish but it’s missing arms and feed and it’s 146 miles away plus as much as I’d like a big dish it’s too big for my garden biggest I can really do is a meter
Thanks

That feed you pictured in post 23 of this topic is not a match for a Precision prime focus dish.
As stated by @ozumo it looks like the feed for a Channel Master offset dish.

I have attached below a couple of pictures for types of feed that are used with Precision dishes.

If you plan to use the Channel Master feed with a Precision dish sourced via your latest dish request topic you might need to fabricate or purchase some type of feed clamp to get it on the dish.
Even then, it might not perform as well as a genuine matched feed?

IMAG2023.jpg Precision Ku Feeds (n2).jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That feed you pictured in post 23 of this topic is not a match for a Precision prime focus dish.
As stated by @ozumo it looks like the feed for a Channel Master offset dish.

I have attached below a couple of pictures for types of feed that are used with Precision dishes.

If you plan to use the Channel Master feed with a Precision dish sourced via your latest dish request topic you might need to fabricate or purchase some type of feed clamp to get it on the dish.
Even then, it might not perform as well as a genuine matched feed?

View attachment 147626 View attachment 147627
Which was the reason the dish transaction did not progress 16 months ago (though losing the car in a Surrey field didn't help)

The CM offset feed will not work well on the Precision design reflector. The aperture is about half, giving similar performance to a Zone 1.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Which was the reason the dish transaction did not progress 16 months ago (though losing the car in a Surrey field didn't help)

The CM offset feed will not work well on the Precision design reflector. The aperture is about half, giving similar performance to a Zone 1.

Unless he has sourced a Precision feed with C120 or WR42 interface in the meanwhile, he aint gonna get much out of any Precision 90cm dish offered unless he gets one that comes with the matching feed.