For Sale Precision Polar Mount

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have for sale a Precision polar mount. It is the triangular frame version with galvanised finish and in very good working order. It is the polar mount that is described in post 19 of the topic linked to below.

Precision 2.0 metre Refurb (Barn & Bramble Rescue)

The polar mount is capable of accepting any Precision dish that was manufactured with the 600mm rear mounting ring. To the best of my knowledge this covers the dish range of 1.2m to 2.4m (2.2m and 2.4m had the option of either a 600mm or 1200mm rear mounting ring). The mount will fit a 3" diameter pole or can be used with a larger diameter pole with a pole adapter.

With a little bit of simple fabrication work it is also possible to use the polar mount with other makes of satellite dish.
Some pictures of the polar mount are attached below. Please note that the ground stand present in the attached pictures is not included in the sale.

Asking Price: £350 excluding delivery.

Attachments

• Polar Mount On Stand (01).jpg
    Polar Mount On Stand (01).jpg
    939.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Polar Mount On Stand (02).jpg
    Polar Mount On Stand (02).jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Polar Mount On Stand (03).jpg
    Polar Mount On Stand (03).jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Polar Mount On Stand (04).jpg
    Polar Mount On Stand (04).jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Due to some slight recent interest in Precision polar mounts I still have the polar mount presented in the above post for sale.

I also have an original Precision tripod ground stand with galvanised finish that I would sell separately to go with the mount. This is with a 3" diameter pole.
Lastly, I have another galvanised tripod ground stand with 4.5" diameter pole and a pole adapter cap to allow this stand to be used with either a 4.5" or a 3" mount.

Last edited:

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5402HD M3 C1+ Super+
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators
Precision 1.3m Prime Focus Dish & mount.
InvertoTwin Black Pro C120

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Precision 1.5m Prime Focus Dish & mount
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

Seven Computers : )
Two Davis Vantage Pro Weather stations
One Waldbeck Weather Station
My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
For information, I would add that mine stand up to 70mph plus gales, with a 1.3m and a 1.5m dish and do not budge, resetting on station perfectly : )

God Bless Spiff