problems converting cam to freecam

B

BUBBLE01

i have installed the freecam software and got the blue screen up at the start of the process but as soon as i start the process i get 1 or 2 green bars up and then it keeps coming up with reset nok with a red screen.
i have tried downloading different versions of freecam from different sites that you told me about and then i install these different versions but i keep coming up against the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! with reset nok and red screen.

please can you assist me with my problem and tell me what i am doing wrong

yours thankinfully

bubble 01!!!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
have you tried removing the CAM, rebooting the pc and then trying again?
Also check that your operating system (w95 of w98) recognises the inserted CAM as a DVB module.

You should also try on a different PC if you have access to one, since some do give problems.
What kind are you using? And which operating system?

2old

S

stock

I know this is one year on but i'm having the same problem now, did you sort it ? what was the problem.

Also see-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/32.html

same problem any help please. Im using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 2520 CDS running win 98

When i click on PCMCIA Properties it shows-

Irdeto DVB Module

thanks
Stock

B

BUBBLE01

I Have Read Your Previous Message,Be Very Careful Trying To Update Your Cam Because When I Tried To Do It Last Year I Ended Up f***ing The Cam Up Once And For All.And In The End I Had To Just Bin The Cam And Buy Another One, As I Damaged The Cam Which Was Looked At Buy Somebody In The Know and It Was Damaged For Good.Also If You Want To Buy Another Cam The 4.7se And 4.8se Versions Are Very Hard To Get Hold Of.

Best Of Luck

Bubble01!!

S

stock

My cam is still working with the card i had for just irdeto channels so the cam is OK! :-)

So it looks like its not taking any information.

My Cam is 0.07B SoftCell Ver 2.06B CI
I was told it could take an AllCam patch is this right ?

thanks
stock

B

BUBBLE01

Yes The Cam Can Be Patched Because It Is Exactly The Same One As i Had.Try And Get Some More Help From Previous posts from 2old he is your best bet

bubble01!!

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
When I was starting solving same problem (I already got CAM with freecam2 ver017 on it and at first I was trying to enter new PKs via remote - look at http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID10/67.html) I needed 6 days to found notebook whitch allowed me reflashing the CAM with my updated file. I tried with 6 different models (with win 95, 98, 98SE, and winME too) and finally I got green OK screen on 7th old 486 Olivetti with win95! With other 6 I got red NOK screen on 1st bar, 2nd or 2 bars before the end.

At first I thought the problem is in Windows local language versions and I tried with english ver. but I succeded on old Olivetti with local win95 language version so this is not right reason. So I think the problem is in HW only (??). But I tried on IBM, Toshiba and Dell not on some noname brand notebooks. Try on different notebooks and I believe you'll succed.

Until then I tried 3 more notebooks (because I have no easy acces to that Olivetti) but no succes. So I am still looking for final solution.

I was looking at win95/98.inf file and there are different IO adresses / IRQ settings prepared for sistem configuration during installation (IOConfig=300-303 IRQConfig=10 / 5, IOConfig=320-323 IRQConfig=10 / 5, IOConfig=300-383 IRQConfig=11). When you install driver there is no conflicts in device manager but...?

Mybe someone who knows more about driver writing can do something.
Because as I found in different forums this is not so uncommon problem. Or we again solving the problem alreday solved????

Zoran

S

stock

I get 3 green bars if i use the win95 driver but then i get the red nok screen but i'm running win98. I think its i driver problem I've tried another win98 driver from another download and when i press 'start' the red nok screen comes instantly.

stock

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
send me Irdeto95.inf & Irdeto98.inf files frome those different installation packages

zor

S

stock

I've just tried putting all the files in a windows dir but when i run ird106.exe I get an error starting program message saying-

A required .DLL file, CIPHYSICAL.DLL, was not found

any idea?

but i dont get this message when i only have ird106.ini in the windows dir.

thanks
stock

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
TO stock

1. thnx to 2old (and others) the whole procedure of upgrading/converting/re-flashing the CAM is explained in many threads in this forum

2. very detailed step by step explanation is also at
http://www.omanforum.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/CFB/2/TID/67395.cfm

3. I followed these steps in readme to install:

1) Unzip all files the a directory of you choice (e.g. C:\FREECAM)
2) If you run Win95 (non OSR2), delete Irdeto98.inf
3) If you run Win98 or Win95 OSR2, delete Irdeto95.inf
4) If you run NT or Win2000, it won't work. Didn't get it to run on Windows ME either
5) Insert CI in PCMCIA slot of your laptop. When it asks you for a driver directory point to C:\FREECAM
6) Copy ird106.ini to your Windows directory (e.g. C:\WINDOWS)
7) Edit ird106.ini (the one in your Windows directory) and change the binary= entry
to the file you want to install (FXXXXX.BIN).
8) Click on ird106.exe in C:\FREECAM. Press the start button. When the display turns green, you're all set.
9) Unlike other readmes it is not neccessary to copy the CIPHYSICAL.DLL anywhere.

4. I followed steps at 3. on six different notebooks and finished with RED NOK. Seventh was Olivetti with exactly the same win95 (language,ver.) as on one before and I took exactly the steps at 3. and I got GREEN OK. After then I tried 3 more notebooks - RED NOK.(10% success alltogether).

5. I beleive that you will succed too if you try those steps on some other notebooks.

TO ALL

So, freecam install procedure is OK and drivers are OK (if I understand .inf file ird106 uses generic Windows drivers to access CAM module). I was changing IRQs too, rebooting machines, there were no conflicts in device managers of those machines - but alltogether it does work (you get GREEN OK) only on some (10%) machines.

The problem is, that I need to reflash my CAM every time I want to use new PK. But old Olivetti I succeded on is not avaliable anymore to me.

So, any fresh ideas about what I (we) can do to make better ratio of success? Maybe you 2old have heard about a new version of ird106.exe/package (I used ird106 dated 10.03.2000)

THNX, zoran

PS.: stock, I got your inf files and they are exactly the same to mine - anyway I used them and repeat installation on my two notebooks (first with win95 second win98) - RED NOK again.

S

stock

Thanks for your help zoran ive been trying all weekend with no luck and i have no access to another laptop so someone please help!

thanks
stock.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
You could try XALOAD.EXE (sometimes you find this with the name load.exe). That is a utility written by SCM no doubt intended for SCM CAMs, but it should also work for the Irdeto stuff (THOUGH I'VE NOT TRIED IT MYSELF...)

Loads of these kinds of files and drivers here:
http://www.0700-sathopper.de/CI-Modul/Software_CI.html

2old

S

stock

thanks 2old

when i run xaload it asks me to insert the DVB module then to press the space when i hear 2 beeps. i hit space then i get a message saying-

cannot open binary file:

what name do i need to call F2-b017.bin so xaload can find it, ive got it the same dir but xaload cannot find it.

I take it with xaload being a dos programme you do not use the .ini file in the windows dir to call the bin file.

thanks
stock

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Oct-01 AT 11:08 AM (GMT)]hi stock

add filename as an parameter after program name:

XALOAD X.bin

if X.bin is in the same dir (Else, I suppose, you need to add full path).

I tried yust now, proccess continue and stopped with "Flash memory error" for me. So filename as parameter is ok, but whole process doesen't work for me. Let me know if you succeded.

regards, Zor

S

stock

thanks for your help but im not sure how you mean.

ive got the following files-

Xaload11.exc
F2-b017.bin

so what do i need to rename ? both files are in the same dir.

sorry to seem thick but this is the first time ive done this

thanks
stock.

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
hi stock, sorry for delay

From Windows Start menu open new MS-DOS Promot window.

Navigate to your dir where xaload11.exe and .bin files are i.e.:

let say they are in c:\mydir1\XLoader. DOS window normally opens in Windows dir, so after prompt ( > )sign type as follows and conform with Enter key (alltogether you'll get on window screen something like this)

C:\windows>cd..
C:\>cd c:\mydir1\XLoader
C:\mydir1\XLoader>XALOAD11 F2-b017.bin

where F2-b017.bin and xaload.exe are in the same dir.

regards, Zor

S

stock

Thanks that finds the bin file but will load the patch. I get the following errors-

Inconsistance Error

and sometimes i get update code in process and the block numbers start to count but when it gets to block 109 / 551 it stops.

so im still stuck.

thanks
stock

zoran

Reaction score
My Location
I tried with XALOAD11 on two notebooks (which left to me). With ird106 I get always red NOK on both of them. I succeded with XALOAD11 on DELL notebook with win98 (driver installated with Irdeto98.inf from freecam package). ACER notebook (same win98 configuration) always stopped with "Flash memory error"

I think XALOAD11 is little less "sensitive" as ird106 but succes still depend on notebook. I am afraid you'll have to try on another notebook at the end

zoran