Problems loading threads and making posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Archive4

Hi, for the last few days I have been having problems loading threads and making posts. Having to refresh 5 or 6 times to get into thread. Similar when trying to make posts, have to hit post button several times. At first thought it was my narrowband causing the problem. Tried at a couple of wifi spots using the Iphone, same problem. Also when using 3G. Have to say all connections are via Movistar, so this may be the problem. Checked with LP who lives not far away and he had no problems, but does have a different internet provider.
Have not noticed any other real problem accessing other sites. Local Quesada forum on similar software has no problem, could be off the same server.
Any suggestions

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try logging out, clearing any stored cookies, and logging back in again.
Which browser are you using?
Have you tried a different one?

A

Archive4

Have tried both Crome and ie on PC iPhone uses Safari have not tried android tablet lately but will later when I get home, had to take wife to airport

A

Archive4

OK am now home and have done as suggested. Signed out and cleared cookies on all machines. Have run a few tests using IE on laptop and using iPhone.
If I am not logged in, I am a Greyhound. When I log in, I become Brian the snail! Much freezing, having to re-fresh pages etc, cannot hover over Alerts to see them, have to " show all " and wait a few mins.
Seems I have managed to upset the forum software itself!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Is this a recent phenomenomenom, Brian?

A

Archive4

Which, my inability to post, or my ability to upset things! Please don´t answer that!
Started over the weekend. Don´t think PC related as when I log in on the iPhone or Tablet both then run slow.
Just for info, I saw my post and your reply on the iPhone ( not logged in ) while the PC was " hung " with a yellowish tint to the post reply button

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Interesting - it's not an issue anyone else has reported having.

At a bit of a loss, I'm afraid. Rather discouraging when these hard to fathom glitches occur.

A

Archive4

Interesting - it's not an issue anyone else has reported having.

At a bit of a loss, I'm afraid. Rather discouraging when these hard to fathom glitches occur.
Guess I have upset the software then! ( 1st time it included your post when I replied , other times I have replied to this thread, it wouldn´t put the replied to post up on my PC or in the post )

A

Archive4

Don´t know if this will help or hinder.

Ran a speed test 3 times switching between Home and " Summer house Project " while logged in, then logged out.
Logged in, 29.2 secs, 30.9 secs, 32 secs
Logged out, 2.49 secs, 2.7 secs, 2.6 secs
After logging back into home page, had to hit the link to this thread 5 times to get back in, ie info bar stated " waiting for Sat.co.uk " and then returned to Home page first 4 times.
I like a challenge!

A

Archive4

Have conducted some more speed tests on the forum software.
By " hovering " over Alerts and Inbox, I have conluded that the software has a 30 second time out. If it has not resolved the reply within 30 seconds it gives up. Assuming the whole software package also includes a 30 second time out, this would explain some of my problems with regard to returning to home page or blank screen and having to reload / refresh multiple times.

However, doesn´t explain why response time drops so dramatically between logged in and logged out

A

Archive4

PC hung again on last post and did not confirm post had been made. Page refresh showed the post had been completed ok.

Thats all I´m testing for now, may have a look again tomorrow

A

Archive4

Interesting error message when making last post

" The following error occurred " " you will have to wait 247 seconds before completing this acion "

Refresh showed post had been made ok

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Over the last few days ive been getting a tcp ? settings message, i checked to see if they are enabled and the are, i will get a screen shot next time.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Test

Edit: no errors or 'slowness', but says awaiting moderator.

A

Archive4

Been logged off since last post at 12:15.
Just tried switching between home and this thread, almost instant. Has anyone reset anything?

Edit, instant post too

A

Archive4

If nothing has been done by admin, I have a theory.
I normally use the stay logged in option, so appear logged in even when PC, tablet and iPhone are switched off.
Having been out / offline for 7hrs, could the system have re-set my account itself?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
... but says awaiting moderator.
It's a function of this particular area. All posts here are moderated and have to be approved.
Having been out / offline for 7hrs, could the system have re-set my account itself?
It's certainly possible. I suppose that you just need to see if it reoccurs. No-one else has reported this problem although I always find that the Satellites forum is the slowest of all the forums I inhabit.

A

Archive4

Just had a thought while walking the dog. As I use " keep me logged in " on the PC, iPhone and tablet and sometimes just put the iPhone aps into standby, not fully closed, in theory I could be accessing the forum from two active devices using different operating systems which may cause some contention, even though I am personally only using one device.
Will continue to use " keep me logged in " on all devices to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm always (Sad, I know) logged in on a Netbook, a Laptop and an Android Tablet - albeit via Tapatalk on the latter - and have no issues.

A

Archive4

I'm always (Sad, I know) logged in on a Netbook, a Laptop and an Android Tablet -albeit via Tapatalk on the latter and have no issues.
I guess that blows that theory then!
One question though, if you are always logged on why do not appear in the " staff online " all the time? Is it something you can switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.