Problems loading threads and making posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Being logged in doesn't include anyone in the online list, it's activity within a certain amount of time.

A

Archive4

Being logged in doesn't include anyone in the online list, it's activity within a certain amount of time.
That´s interesting! When I was running my tests in the small hours, when there is less activity, I monitored my online status using the iPhone ( not logged in ) and was able to see myself online / offline when I logged the PC in and out of the forum. Now I am confused my online status disappeared in the time it took the iPhone to refresh the Home page, approx 3-4 seconds

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I am always logged in on the devices that I run but as they are never switched on at the same time I won't have run across any of the problems you think might result.

However, I don't think that there should be a problem as, although each device is left logged in, this is only a state which is recorded by a cookie on each device - there is no continuous back-and-forth communication saying "here I am". Each time a device, which thinks it's logged in, accesses something on the forum then communication is set up and the forum software compares its database to see if the member is truly logged in and throws them off if they aren't or the login has expired.

The staff logged in is just a record of activity within a certain (probably settable) period. If you just look at a page without refreshing (lurking) then no contact has been made and you won't show up as being online.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Over the last few days ive been getting a tcp ? settings message, i checked to see if they are enabled and the are, i will get a screen shot next time.

The error messages ive been getting are telling me to activate TLS, but as you can see they are activated, I also now and again tick the top option and clear all cookies.

Capture.JPG Capturesss.JPG

A

Archive4

Thanks to all! I´m now running back at full speed ( God help you all! ) Until it happens again, if it happens again, guess we have to leave it for now.
Will advise it it happens again

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Glad to hear all is well :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Won't cost me a bean, Brian. SWMBO is the employed person in these parts :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No need - I'm reasonably adept at everyday Spanish :mellow:

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
We'll accept the thanks even though we haven't done anything! Glad you're back up to speed.

A

Archive4

We'll accept the thanks even though we haven't done anything! Glad you're back up to speed.
Many Thanks again
I´m not sure who the senior/major admin is, but might be worth asking XenForo if they have come across this before?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
That would be Chris. He has been aware of the problem although he hasn't posted.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yep. Those that need to know, do.

Time to Close the Thread now ;)

Status