Radio audio tv video

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Wasn't sure where to put this, but seen as I have a DM600 I thought I would stick it in here. I want to watch certain sports on TV and stream commentary (audio) from a radio or the internet radio. Could anyone recommend the best way to do this. If I was to use a standard radio in the room there would be a problem because there is a 1or 2 sec delay with the picture coming digitally.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can get audio delay software to run on your computer.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Analoguesat said:
You can get audio delay software to run on your computer.

Can you recommend any particular one? Also the radio station is on satellite too if that would work in any way?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
There's one posted on one of the Premier League threads, not sure which one mind. One when Burnham Beech says that there definately wouldn't be any English commentary on the games this season

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
erukus said:
Can you recommend any particular one? Also the radio station is on satellite too if that would work in any way?

Do a search on the football threads and you`ll find the software needed, you can feed the software from any source I think so that could be a radio tuned to radio 5 or a satbox tuned to a radio station but if you want both pictures and audio to come from 2 different satellite channels you will need 2 satellite boxes

The way the software works is it buffers (saves 2 to 4 seconds) the audio and then plays it back over the pc speakers/soundsystem, there is a selectable delay and once you hit the sweet spot where the audio is near enough in sync with the footballers you can leave it play through

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Don't think any radio streams can broadcast football, Radio Newcastle don't as I think NUFC Online use it and you have to pay for it, so you can't open it in Real Player and then pause it. Shame they doubled their prices for radio so we can't have moments like this:

[video=youtube;lOlY_JhJhBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOlY_JhJhBM[/video]

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
What kind of cable would I need to connect the radio to the laptop?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
Not sure about laptops but you need something like this from the headphone socket to the line in port on a laptop
-http://www.cables-leads.co.uk/ipod-shuffle-aux-line-in-cable

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
erukus said:

No idea but I know it can be done - you pipe the audio into the soundcard and adjust the delay until its acceptable therough the computer speakers. Presumaby then you could wire it back into an amp of some sort for better sound.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Got the lead and first try with an analogue radio it worked but the sound was crap.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
erukus said:
Got the lead and first try with an analogue radio it worked but the sound was crap.

Doesnt surprise me - theres sod all output from a headphone socket to amplify.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Is it possible to delay internet streamed radio?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Probably if you loop the oudio out back into the audio in and process it.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I`ve found this device mentioned on another forum I visit and it may well be what you are looking for

Apparently it`s something called "Football Audio Radio"

"Football Audio Radio" is an AM / FM and features a sound retardant, performs a radio voice delay in order to synchronize it with the image of television (DTT TDSatélite, TDCable, TDAdsl). By adjusting the front guide voice delay (delay) from 0 to 8 seconds in fractions of milliseconds. 8-bit processor. Includes headphones and an auxiliary cable to connect the device to your stereo, home cinema, amplifier, speakers, etc ... Size: 126mmx76mmx33mm. Analog Radio. Frequency AM: 525-1700 KHz, 87-108 MHz FM Headphones: 3.5mm/32ohm. Power supply: DC 3 v.;
Highly recommended for individuals. The delay caused by image Digital TV is several seconds in regard to the sound of live radio. Includes cable connection to home cinema, amplifier ..
If you watch football in a foreign channel and want to hear it in your own language, this delays the radio to synchronize sound with that received from the satellite.