Receiver overnight crashes

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
I have Edision and Octagon SF1008 Receiver...Both appear to have crashed in the last few hours. Use the ATV operating system. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem overnight and how to get out of it? Any thoughts much appreciated!!

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
Does anyone know (other than Octagon or Technomate) A good non Linux HD box which gives a good picture and doesn’t need continuous updates.
Going to give up on the Edision and Octagon SF1008. They have beaten me!

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
I know you said other than Octagon but many on here recommend the SX88+, fairly cheap and there are plenty on here to help out with any problems.

With regards to your other receivers, maybe there was an issue with the electricity supply that took out both at the same time?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have Edision and Octagon SF1008 Receiver...Both appear to have crashed in the last few hours. Use the ATV operating system. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem overnight and how to get out of it? Any thoughts much appreciated!!

I noticed the same thing with an Edision Nino Pro re the overnight crashes. I think it might have been caused by oscam as the issue went away after I installed an updated image without oscam. At the time I was using an OpenViX image with the receiver. Not sure if that is of any help in identifying the issue you are getting?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Firmware versions of each might assist.

(No mention of any additions or open channel list)