Recommend a Combo Receiver please?

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Hello all,

I would like please a recommendation for a combo receiver (by which I mean one with both a satellite and a terrestrial tuner).

Ideally it should have the following features:
*DVB-S2 & DVB-T2 tuners

*access to both the freev1ew and free$sat EPGs (is there some legal or technical reason why this is not possible?)

*internal HDD, or USB port to add an external hard drive for program recording (either is fine), and should support timer recording (ideally via EPG)

*ability to re-number channels (e.g. change a channel's number from 1 to 101)

*firmware does not need to do much more than the above, should be a "setup and leave it alone" type of thing (as it is for a relative)

Thank-you in advance for any suggestions offered. Merry Christmas to all.

Serafeim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 dishes, Technomate 5402 M3
My Location
Arta, GREECE
Technomate 6902 (1 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuners) or technomate 7102 (2 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuners)

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Technomate 6902 (1 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuners) or technomate 7102 (2 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuners)

Thank-you for your wise advice.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The VU+ Duo 2, has most of the options you want, including upto 4 internal tuners, 2 x slots for dual tuners, satellite or cable, that just plug in, similar to a PC graphics card.
It can also add USB tuners.
You can fit either a 2.5", or 3.5", internal hard drive, for multiple recordings.
The only downside is you don't get to number the channels, at least not easily, instead you set up bouquets, which are favourite folders, and store the channels in these.
It is a Linux based receiver so is a bit complicated, at first, and needs setting up, to meet their needs. Which means it might be a bit too complicated, for your requirements.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Technomate TM6902HD T2 an excellent receiver with HD Satellite & HD Terrestrial very easy to set up with no long learning curve so that you can start watching tv straight away :)