RO.VE.R Rover Satellite meter software

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
HI man01
Yes I can still help. As you haven't been a member for long enough I can't private message you but if you click on my developers name, it should have a drop down box, click on "visit developers homepage!" and there is a link to send me an email. I have cable (or just the interface chip with wiring diagram) and can also supply the latest Firmware and my transponder list and matching quick reference guide for the case lid if you want.
Jem

andyntl707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite & aerial
My Location
lincolnshire uk
hi jem
can you help i have a client who wants the chinese channel at 9 degrees which is not on my meter i have your lead but lost the disc if you can help i would be forever grateful
andy

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi Andyntl707
The answer is I'm not sure!
It's easy to add a new transpoder on to the meter with the lead you have. If you need the software I supplied last time again send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a zip file.
Assuming it's 9 degrees east tuning with the transponders you already have to maximise the satellite signal should allow the box to be tuned to the Chinese Channel shouldn't it?
Regards
Jem

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
andyntl707 said:
hi jem
can you help i have a client who wants the chinese channel at 9 degrees which is not on my meter i have your lead but lost the disc if you can help i would be forever grateful
andy

If your stuck until you upgrade your software, you can use the meter set to 13e Tp 55 11.823h as TVBS carried on 9e are on the same frequency.

Sattalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Sky+, Technomate 1500CI Super
My Location
Cardiff
Evening guys,

First post here but I've just purchased a 2nd hand SDM-2 via Fleebay and being local to Martin Turner in Caldicot I called in. A very nice chap called Rob changed my battery, supplied a charger and updated the firmware and transponder list as well.

My main point is he was saying that the leads for updating the meter are £120 from Rover and thats way to expensive but he did provide me with a diagram to make one and hence my question is.....

Is it worth me making one or finding a place to purchase one cheaper?

Also, the Smart software is free to download from Rover as is the license number, just contact Rover or Martin Turner direct.

Regards.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Welcome to the Forum Sattalk
Believe it or not I think Rob was being kind at £120! If you read this thread you will see discussion on making the lead and yes I can still help with a much cheaper readymade lead. As you haven't been a member for long I can't private message you but if you click on my developers name, it should have a drop down box, click on "visit developers homepage!" and there is a link to send me an email, I'll reply with details.
Jem

Sattalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Sky+, Technomate 1500CI Super
My Location
Cardiff
Email sent as requested.

Regards and thanks.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hey developer is it posible you could post up the wiring diagram??

cheers in advance..

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Infact it'd be easier if you could send me one if you still make them...

LMK :)

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Yeshi said:
Hey developer is it posible you could post up the wiring diagram??

cheers in advance..

I was given the wiring diagram as a favour and it is probably traceable so without the copyright owners permission I will not post it on the net and would ask you to respect this also please if you want a chip and diagram from me. I have messaged you with the details of the lead too!
Jem

wh1tey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this and I am just starting so when i'm set up i'll change this
My Location
Bolton, Lancashire
Hello I no longer have the meter but i still have the lead if anyone wants it for £10 inc postage just let me know

AMT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
optus c2 windows 7
My Location
queensland australia
hi im looking for the rover software can you drop me a line

AMT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
optus c2 windows 7
My Location
queensland australia
hi dude im down under and looking for a user manual and hopefully software for the rover s2 ill try any software
thanks in advance for your help

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi AMT welcome to this forum!

This thread is mostly all about the SDM2. I don't know much about the S2 but there is a quick guide at _http://www.roverinstruments.com/files/catalogue/attachments/Quick%20Guide%201-2-3.pdf if that is for your meter.

Jem

billynw

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi wh1tey, do you still have this cable for sale, of so please can you contact me.

I have tried to PM you, but it wont let me.

Cheers

koceuk1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freeview
My Location
uk
wh1tey said:
If you havnt managed to get sorted yet then let me know as i have the software and pass etc also i have a spare update lead that i made if anyone is interested.
i need to update my rover sdm 2 instrument but i dont have a pass and smart software says evaluation period expired

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
I suggest you contact Rob Berrow (very helpful) at Martin Turner Direct, the main UK agents, email service (at symbol) martinturnerdirect.co.uk 01291 421422. He will normally be able to assist.

Jem

BulletNW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ROVER SDM-2, ROVER Fast 2, ROVER S-2

P4 - 2.6ghz
My Location
South-Africa
developers said:
Hi johnwales
Yes it's possible and as I said I have a few of the chips needed if you want to make your own - they are cheap but it's a bit of a fiddle. If you look above you'll see a pic of the lead I had made up which I can supply - let me know if you're interested.

Jem

Hi Developer, I'm new to this forum, but this is the site I need 2 b.

Just got an old antique (ROVER SDM-2)... hahaha, I think the memory got corrupted by some clever techy here in South Africa, so I need to replace the transponders with the ones I use. BUT, I don't have a cable, nor the software... Do you perhaps still have the required info somewhere on archive?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Yes I can help in September I'm getting some leads, contact me by email at _www.development.plus.com and I'll send details

Jem

BulletNW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ROVER SDM-2, ROVER Fast 2, ROVER S-2

P4 - 2.6ghz
My Location
South-Africa
Hi Jem,

I have contacted you via email, but I haven't had a reply yet?!? Are you capable of helping me?