Just Sharing This Roku Express

A

Archive7

I saw that Amazon USA can deliver Roku products to Israel at last.
Ordered Roku Express and it arrived within a week.
You need a spare HDMI on TV and power it with a USB mains adapter.
I checked beforehand that the adapter is only 110-120VAC which is strange because Roku expects customers to use it when they travel overseas for example to Europe and it is a bad decision not to provide a power adapter to work internationally, like any other mobile charger these days.
So in order to avoid a big bang at home, I kept the power adapter in the original box and used a spare USB port on my TV which is such a waste.
In order to activate the gadget, I had to create an account with verified payment option, which I did very reluctantly.
Finally I got it to work and would you believe it? none of US channels can be added to my garget, due to geo restrictions.
So I got Netflix, YouTube and other channels that I get from my TV anyway.
There are "tons" of channels but they are just rubbish.
I was hoping that at Least Amazon Prime Video channel can be added, but they still don't know that Amazon has made it possible to watch a "castrated" version of PrimeVideo for third world countries.
Also they deliberately removed the "Search" button from the menu, so that I can't find anything that is of interest, and if I try to add it from their website, they give an error message that they can't support this for my zone!!!
Cons:
HDMI cable too short only about 40cm
Power adapter 110-120VAC 0.3A
Adding channels is restricted
Gets very hot after a while. There is no power button to switch it off but will switch off with TV off or when another HDMI port is selected.
Need an account and payment method before you can see how it works. This serves them to determine the channels that customers can have based on geo restriction. A VPN will not help as they need a valid US payment method.
Pros:
Cheap only $29
I preferred ordering Roku Express to Roku Stick as I get better flexibility where to put it.

I will not return it because of the hassle, but might consider closing my account unless they let me add Amazon Channel.
Here are some photos taken during unboxing

IMG_1983.jpg IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1997.jpg IMG_2002.jpg IMG_2004.jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What specific channels were you hoping to receive ?