Rover Master stc playing up

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
Hi, I have a rover master stc, and lately it started playing up, I was hoping someone will know what is going on with it.

The problem is with logger save. When I am next to the dish and testing signal on one transponder (while I'm positioning the dish) it works no problem, but when I am testing signal on the wall plate and try to run logger save it doesn't work, sometimes I get no reading, sometimes I get reading on first two or three transponders but nothing on the rest of them.

Also, when there is a multiswitch connected I get no reading at all, If no receivers/decoders are connected. But if there is a receiver/decoder connected on one wall plate, and I test the other wall plate it works ok.

It looks like there is a problem with power, as if my meter can not send enough power to lnb. I thought it was something wrong with the battery, so I bought a new one and installed it, but it was the same, nothing changed.

I'll also mention that there is no problem with the dish or lnb or cable, because I have another meter and when I use that one everything works fine.

I hope someone will have some answers to my problem, thanks in advance.

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Difficult to diagnose from your description, alone, but I imagine it may be due to a fault in the 22kHz generator part of the meter.
Can you select Low/High bands when connecting the meter directly to the dish?

Regards,
Vitor

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
Hey, thanks for replying,
I'm not sure what do you mean by "select Low/High bands" I don't know how to select those, sorry I'm not an expert in using this meter, all I normally do is connect meter to the dish, position the dish, and do logger save.
I'll attach a photo of the screen that I am looking at when positioning the dish. Is it somewhere on that screen?

Attachments

• IMG_3596.JPG
    IMG_3596.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish 150 4 feed ku c lin c circ ka tbs 6925 tbs 5280
My Location
italy
on the side of the instrument there is not a selector that deactivates the voltage output?
perhaps activated unintentionally?
the instrument's PTC could be faulty due to incorrect use, if the instrument is overloaded !!
or prolonged short circuits on the antenna cable
if it was this fault or you are a good technician and repair it yourself, or you have some friends who can do it
the cost of the repair in the rover is not worth it
best regards

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Try changing the LNB settings from HL to HH for example. If directly connected to the antenna, the spectrum will change. If it stays the same, the 22kHz generator is broken.

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
Ok, so I tried changing the LNB settings, went thru all of them and ended up on HL18, where it was originally, and after that meter started working ok, I used it for about three weeks, and now it is playing up again. I tried changing those settings again, but this time it didn't help. I'm thinking of changing 22kHz generator like you guys said, but I have no idea where is it, can someone point it on the photo that I'm going to attach, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
There are no DC on/off switches on my meter

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy
check the PTC located under the power connector that light brown capacitor

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
I had really fun time looking to buy this part, but I think I got it now, can you confirm that it is the right one please?

Resettable Fuse, PPTC, MF-R Series, 60 VDC, 650 mA, 1.3 A, 5.3 s, Round

and here is the link

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy
to see it looks the same, try to replace it, if it does not work then I would not be able to tell you where the problem is, in the past I have had a similar problem replaced the PTC the problem is solved

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy

Dujadin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rover Master stc
My Location
Brisbane
Ok, I replaced that part, and now I don't get anything on the screen. Meter turns on as normal, I can see the loading screen, and then nothing just empty white screen, and when I turn it off I can see that screen as well, but nothing when meter is turned on, weird, any ideas what it might be. I don't think I messed something up I was very careful, could it be that the replacement part is different?

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy
honestly I can't tell you if the problem was the component replacement that caused this other problem, make sure the electrical connections are okay maybe the display connector moved, I'm not a technician, when I had my problem at PTC the instrument was brought to the company for replacement