Newbie Here Running two Skybox F5 boxes on one dish. Newbie.

WhaleTrain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F5
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi guys kind of confused where to post this so I apologise in advanced if I am wrong.

I took the plunge and bought an F5 box but considering to buy another. I only have one dish and wanted to know could I some how split the signal for two boxes so it would run off one dish. I heard something about the LMB and how some are dual and quad LMB. If I think correctly, I'm guessing each box need two LMBs? No idea anyway and I'm probably talking rubbish.

Is this possible and what would I have to buy? I think the dish we currently have is dual but unsure, is there a way to tell?

Any who, just thought I would scope out any information as you probably know a lot more than me haha.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A receiver with a single tuner needs a single feed from the LNB, a twin tuner requires 2 feeds, LNBs are made in single, twin, quad and octo, so you should have no problems supplying enough feeds to your receivers.

WhaleTrain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F5
My Location
United Kingdom
A receiver with a single tuner needs a single feed from the LNB, a twin tuner requires 2 feeds, LNBs are made in single, twin, quad and octo, so you should have no problems supplying enough feeds to your receivers.

Thanks for the reply and information. From what I can gather the dish has two co axel cables coming off, our first f5 box works on a single coaxel so I'm guessing I can just use the second cable in the second f5 box. Will there be any conflicts with watching them at the same time?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, should be no conflicts, the LNB ports are designed to work independently.

WhaleTrain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F5
My Location
United Kingdom
No, should be no conflicts, the LNB ports are designed to work independently.
Thank you for the reply and helpful advice.

I can safely say this thread can be changed to solved :)