satellite equipment incompatibility

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
:(OH :( DEAR :( MY :(DISH :( HAS :( FELL :( OFF :(MY :(HOUSE

Britain is having bad weather just now. Major structural damage.
Definately due to global warming....:-rollen

Got my seca cam the other day, all ready to go then :(
the wind blew my satellite dish and damaged the jeager g90 motor.
Triax 88mm dishes are NOT compatible with jeager g90 motors.
Take note...:-tired

It was windy but my dish had been moving quite badly in average winds so i had cause for worry when i saw the weather forecast but i was not going to go up and down a ladder to take my dish up and down every time their was bad weather :(

:-mad now i will have to replace the part on the motor that was snapped off, the long screw part that causes the elevation of the dish and i will have to change the dish as it will happen again if i do not :( such is life........

it would have helped had i been insured so theirs another lesson
to take from this. :-hateit

M

Mallum

I think the answer here is not to put the dish on your house at all.

Put it in the garden where it will be safer. :-)

Be careful out there.

Mallum.

J

jdhz

As it is quite new and obviously not "fit for purpose" will your supplier accept responsibility?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
From what i know so far hes looking to replace the part i need for free. But i have decided to buy a slightly smaller dish of the same make as i think the motor/dish combination as regards size is incompatible.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thought id update this page.
I now do have a smaller dish. its a lot easier to take up and down a ladder anyway and besides i find most things i watch are on astra 19 east and the other channels i would like to watch on hotbird i can never get to work anyway but thats a card problem.
The part was replaced for £5 and i hammered the metal back into place on the motor as it was severely dented.
Now though i know why the motor was damaged, obviously the wind played a part but what was actually happening was the bolts on the arm of the jeager g90 motor had loosened off and this caused the dish to move forward and back. Over time i believe this wore down the long screw part of the motor and caused it to snap.
I have to say though that i dont recommend this combination of triax solid dish 88cm with a jeager g90 motor on a high building. With my smaller triax dish i find i still pick up most channels i was getting anyway (pleasently to my surprise) except some arabic channels which i can live without anyway as the arabic bouquey can still be picked up on hotbird 13 east.