Satellite Identification

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Just wondering if there is a satellite identification number when it is part of a fleet.
Hot Bird 13E consists of several satellites and I would like the receiver to display for each channel on which satellite it is transmitting from, without consulting Lyngsat.
All I can see is that a specific channel is on Hot Bird 13E, but not whether it is coming from 6, 7A or 8
I may have seen this in the past in DreamBox Edit channels list, but I would like to know if this can be visible in the OSD.

sibax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HVR 4000, TT 3200, TT 1401, Openbox X800, Strong SRT DM 2100, 0.9m offset dish.
My Location
Northeast of Ukraine
If you want your STB to automatically detect satellite index number in collocation for each transponder, then I think it's impossible because as far as I remember the NIT tables includes only sat. collocation name and orbital position but not satellite index number. You can get correct information about Hotbird transponders-to-satellite affinity only from Eutelsat because sometimes even lyngsat, kingofsat or satcodx could be wrong (just compare a data about which tps belongs to which sat. from Astra 19E on lynsat and kingofsat and you'll see a mismatches, somebody of them is wrong). This data must to be predefined in your STB settings if there is such option.