Satlink WS 6980 meter

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I've just started to using a Satlink WS 6980 meter & want t know how to show the polarisations Horizontal low or High like this - HL,HH,VL,VH

It only seems to show if the polarisation is High or Vertical. It doesn’t show if its a Horizontal High or low or if its a Vertical High or Low

Does anyone know if the meter can display this?
My Location
London
I've just started to using a Satlink WS 6980 meter & want t know how to show the polarisations Horizontal low or High like this - HL,HH,VL,VH

It only seems to show if the polarisation is High or Vertical. It doesn’t show if its a Horizontal High or low or if its a Vertical High or Low

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Does it have a 22KHz indicator? On = high band, off = low. If not then the change between low and high band is usually 11700MHz.

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
London
Hi, Thanks for your quick response. Yes it does have a 22KHz Indicator which is set to automatic, will this allow me to know if I'm in Horizontal High or low or if it's a Vertical High or Low?

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
London
Oooh, so the Indicator tells me if it's a low or high band? Also when I'm using a Quattro LNB should I turn the 22KHz on permanently,as I read somewhere that the meter doesn't read the high bands when using a Quattro LNB?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Hi, Thanks for your quick response. Yes it does have a 22KHz Indicator which is set to automatic, will this allow me to know if I'm in Horizontal High or low or if it's a Vertical High or Low?
No as it will always say automatic in high or low band. My Satlink meter (different model) has an LED which lights up when it is sending the 22KHz tone to select high band in a universal LNB.

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
London
Sorry to ask so many questions but my Promax was stolen & I didn't have the funds to replace it, so after reading a few reviews I got this budget Satlink WS 6980 meter. Do you know if the meter can automatically tell me if I'm on a Horizontal or Vertical band without me having to set the polarisation first?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Oooh, so the Indicator tells me if it's a low or high band? Also when I'm using a Quattro LNB should I turn the 22KHz on permanently,as I read somewhere that the meter doesn't read the high bands when using a Quattro LNB?
No it would indicate the meter is sending a 22KHz tone. A quattro LNB outputs the 4 polarisation & band combinations on separate outputs, the voltage and presence of 22KHz makes no difference.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Sorry to ask so many questions but my Promax was stolen & I didn't have the funds to replace it, so after reading a few reviews I got this budget Satlink WS 6980 meter. Do you know if the meter can automatically tell me if I'm on a Horizontal or Vertical band without me having to set the polarisation first?
The meter won't be able to tell you which of the outputs it is connected to. You'll have to scan a transponder and see if it finds the expected channels for that TP.

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
London
Thanks for this, so are you saying that the only way that I can tell if its on a Horizontal High or low or a Vertical High or Low is by using 11700MHz as a guide?.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Thanks for this, so are you saying that the only way that I can tell if its on a Horizontal High or low or a Vertical High or Low is by using 11700MHz as a guide?.
No with a quattro LNB you'll have to scan a transponder and see if it finds the expected channels on that frequency & polarisation. Have four preset transponders (one for each band & polarisation) and you'll be able to tell which output it is connected to. Even better if you can save individual channels and can rename them, then just see which channel shows video.

HV London

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
London
Thank you so much, thought it would have a built-in automatic search to locate the high & low bands, but thanks again I'll save the channels like you've suggested from now on. It's a bit long-winded but I guess you get what you pay for lol. Thank you again.