Satlook micro + lcd screen needed

mayyto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 Diseqc motor
My Location
Ireland
Hello there
I was a member here before , kitoog, but could not reset pass as old email address no longer working.
Just looking for any possible info as the lcd screen on my Satlook Micro + is not working. It beeps and led's light up at boot but I have nothing on display. The display is a Tianma TM160240AG FP-2. It is a 22 pin display possibly the same as this TM160240A-G_7920940.PDF Datasheet Download --- IC-ON-LINE. I am having no luck finding original or a replacement. Did anyone ever replace an lcd on one of these or even have a pinout for the satlook micro lcd connector.
Thanks
Derek

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
It is probably cheaper buy now to just purchase a secondhand Satlook Micro+ (or why not by a Satlook Digital NIT).

These cost less than 100 Euro on eBay and possibly you can hunt down a unit for half the price.

Then sell yours for parts.

The LCD will not be easy or cheap to source, as it is not a common type I think.

Regards,
Vitor

kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s w/160 Gb hdd
superjack dg120 diseqc motor
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
Think you are right Vitor looking for a second hand Micro+, just I like trying to fix stuff lol. I will keep an eye out for Micro's on ebay alright.

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Hello there
I was a member here before , kitoog, but could not reset pass as old email address no longer working.
Just looking for any possible info as the lcd screen on my Satlook Micro + is not working. It beeps and led's light up at boot but I have nothing on display. The display is a Tianma TM160240AG FP-2. It is a 22 pin display possibly the same as this TM160240A-G_7920940.PDF Datasheet Download --- IC-ON-LINE. I am having no luck finding original or a replacement. Did anyone ever replace an lcd on one of these or even have a pinout for the satlook micro lcd connector.
Thanks
Derek
Hello there
Thanks
Derek
The original LCD was discontinue and no longer available. I was wonder anyone used the alternative that worked?

vma

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Your best bet is to buy a second hand unit at eBay. They can be bought for as little as 30 Euro up to 100 Euro.

Yesterday one Satlook Micro HD was sold for around 55 Euro from ebay in Germany.

This will be cheaper than a replacement LCD + shipping + tax.

Regards,
Vitor

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Your best bet is to buy a second hand unit at eBay. They can be bought for as little as 30 Euro up to 100 Euro.

Yesterday one Satlook Micro HD was sold for around 55 Euro from ebay in Germany.

This will be cheaper than a replacement LCD + shipping + tax.

Regards,
Vitor
Sound good if you are able to get one at this price and lived in the Euro zone. However, if you are at the other continent, it will be cheaper to find the alternative replacement. Getting the Lcd that will fix the older Satlook Micro is a pain because the company no longer making it. Therefore, it will be good fun to modified. I was wonder anyone also tried to upgrade the hardware to make it compatible with HD, not sure whether is possible.

vma

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
@Birdseeker: You */could/* develop a PCB that allows to connect a different brand LCD to the Micro HD. This would involve using a MCU and programming it to convert the LCD signal from one protocol to the other. Not impossible.

Also, you could change the tuner and reprogram the FW to make it DVB-S2 compatible.

But if you put all the required effort (aka: man-hours) for such an effort on a plate, you would quickly figure out that it would be cheaper to just purchase a new meter...

Regards,
Vitor

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I have my old Satlook. Was trying one day to do some tricks with it's battery and it stopped working. But screen is OK, that is for sure. I can send the whole piece to you @Birdseeker. I am only afraid that shipping will be expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_090642 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20200620_090642 (Large).jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 9

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
I have my old Satlook. Was trying one day to do some tricks with it's battery and it stopped working. But screen is OK, that is for sure. I can send the whole piece to you @Birdseeker. I am only afraid that shipping will be expensive.
Thank you very much. Could you find out how much does it cost to Australia?