Satlook Micro+

tux233

Reaction score
Hi

Just started playing around with this unit and have encountered a few limitations.....or maybe i'm just a noob at it :-per

I found that the auto and manual frequency range is 10670 to 11900. I need freq. in the 12000 range. Is this possible ?

Has anyone been able to "decode" the smd file ( satellite/freq. memory) in order to manualy insert or change transponder frequencies?

Regards

Tux233

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What have you set the LNB as, should be Universal or 9750/10600.

Don't understand what you are trying to do with your second question, certainly nothing I've felt a need to do.

tux233

Reaction score
Hi rolfw

The 12000 range freq. issue has been solved. I needed to activate 22Khz, which I find strange as I do not use the 22khz tone burst to change polarity. With 22khz activated I have access to the full freq. range and can still choose between 13V or 18V.

Regarding the smd file.
I would like to manualy insert or change transponder frequencies in the satellite/freq. memory by editing the smd file on a PC, then transfer it to the unit? A grafical interface for the PC would be very usefull for this purpose. Maybe in the future?

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah OK, don't use that function, as I tend to recognize the spectrum traces for the various satellites and have any key frequencies on a card stuck down the back of the meter. :)

The 22Khz is for switching to the upper band on the Universal type LNB, it isn't tone burst function for polarity switching.

tux233

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Ah OK, don't use that function, as I tend to recognize the spectrum traces for the various satellites and have any key frequencies on a card stuck down the back of the meter. :)

The 22Khz is for switching to the upper band on the Universal type LNB, it isn't tone burst function for polarity switching.

Of course..:-doh!..I was a bit confised there with the 22khz. I did mention I was a noob.

Thank you rolfw.

:-csmile

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
tux233 said:
Hi rolfw

The 12000 range freq. issue has been solved. I needed to activate 22Khz, which I find strange as I do not use the 22khz tone burst to change polarity. With 22khz activated I have access to the full freq. range and can still choose between 13V or 18V.

Regarding the smd file.
I would like to manualy insert or change transponder frequencies in the satellite/freq. memory by editing the smd file on a PC, then transfer it to the unit? A grafical interface for the PC would be very usefull for this purpose. Maybe in the future?

Cheers

There is a Satlook SMD editor, the lastest version was 1.12 that you can input or edit the transponders on the computer, very handy.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Birdseeker said:
There is a Satlook SMD editor, the lastest version was 1.12 that you can input or edit the transponders on the computer, very handy.

Nice to know they made some advances since 2005 the date of this thread:cool:;)

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Topper said:
Nice to know they made some advances since 2005 the date of this thread:cool:;)

I do not think that Emitor made that advance, the software never seem on the Emitor official website, but can be found on the German and Russian website. The Author who made it was Altuhov Vasiliy.

tux233

Reaction score
And here is a link for software, firmware and manuals for this model.

_http://www.emitor.se/extra/pod/?id=89&module_instance=1&action=pod_show&navid=89&do=show_prod&prod_id=10

Please make note of forum rules regarding posting of outbound links.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Don't know if there is another more recent thread so feel free to move this!

I have just resurrected my Satlook Micro HD as I had to replace 3 cells in the battery pack. It sat unused for ages but I am getting to the end of achieving anything with my old rover SDM2 despite updating to the few SD frequencies so had another look at this. I have updated my firmware to the latest combined G2/HD 2013 version and manually updated the channel list of frequencies. Yet to try it out.

If anyone can let me know my errors in the channel list it's in a text file too so no need to load editor. Firmware, software to update firmware and channel editor as well as old and new (new HD version) "smd" channel lists attached.

Jem

Attachments

• Satlook HD firmware smG2HD-132-EU 17-7-2013.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 9

actu_8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-600. 1.2 Metre Dish.
My Location
Hants/Surrey Border
Don't know if there is another more recent thread so feel free to move this!

I have just resurrected my Satlook Micro HD as I had to replace 3 cells in the battery pack. It sat unused for ages but I am getting to the end of achieving anything with my old rover SDM2 despite updating to the few SD frequencies so had another look at this. I have updated my firmware to the latest combined G2/HD 2013 version and manually updated the channel list of frequencies. Yet to try it out.

If anyone can let me know my errors in the channel list it's in a text file too so no need to load editor. Firmware, software to update firmware and channel editor as well as old and new (new HD version) "smd" channel lists attached.

Jem
Interesting on several levels!

Can I ask how you replaced the cells? My battery is dead, although I have ordered a new one, it would be good to have a spare. I was also thinking of trying some rechargable AA's in a battery holder, suitable adapted. The life won't be as good, but a good deal cheaper.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Interesting on several levels!

Can I ask how you replaced the cells? My battery is dead, although I have ordered a new one, it would be good to have a spare. I was also thinking of trying some rechargable AA's in a battery holder, suitable adapted. The life won't be as good, but a good deal cheaper.
Probably badly but working! simply pulled apart, tested each cell for voltage, levered spot welded links off dead cells, three, and replaced them with NiMhs I already had by soldering wire links then hot melt glue between loose cells and parcel tape to make correct shape.