Seem to have lost my Astra 2e sat signal.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satgear comag dish, Opticom Nytrobox AX, Technomate DiSEqC H-H motor TM - 2300m3
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Hello all, obviously I'm a new addition to the forums. I had a local sat engineer install my motorised system, after he'd left I decided to turn the dish and I have lost my signal. I am looking for help and advice on the DiSEqC 1.2 1.3 setup and other help I can get. Totally new to this so please excuse my shortcomings. Thank you to any in advance.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Did the installer demonstrate a system to you, for example by showing channels on multiple satellites?

Does the dish move when you select another satellite? Have you entered your longitude & latitude correctly in the motor settings? How did you move the dish?

Post some photos of your receivers satellite & motor settings.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satgear comag dish, Opticom Nytrobox AX, Technomate DiSEqC H-H motor TM - 2300m3
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Hello Ozomu.

Thank you for the reply.

No, the lad that did my installation hadn't done a motorised system for nearly a decade. He did admit he wasn't sure now about the setup etc. He set up for astra 2E and freeview channels. The motor works and moves, but I am unfamiliar with this. I haven't tried this I'm still reading the box manual which doesn't really tell me much. So, any help and advice I can get will be gold. I can take pictures of anything I have regarding the system and box if that would help. It is familiarising myself with latitude and longitude and motor settings, If I can crack this then everything will make more sense.

My apologies for coming across as somewhat stupid, this is my first foray into the motorised satellite world.

Thom.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
If your longitude and latitude are correct in the motor settings, select Astra 1 19.2°E and scan. If it doesn't find any channels the dish isn't aligned correctly and the installer needs to sort it. If it does find channels do the same for 9°E and 30°W west. If should find channels on all those satellites if the dish and motor are aligned anywhere close to correct.

Take a photo of the dish when it's parked on 28.2°E, there may be an obvious problem.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Thank you, I'll give this a try.

Thom.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Also, tell us something more about your setup. Which dish, which motor, which receiver......

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Sorry I've been away. I have a 80cm Satgear Comaq dish, a technomate TM2300 M3 motor, and I have just purchased a triple dragon set top box DBS - 3000 CNCIE. Does anyone on the site have this receiver? I need parameters to set this up on Astra 2. If anyone can assist I'd be grateful. To add to this the sat engineer has been out and put the dish on a new bracket, everything is aligned the previous set top box failed hence the new one. I am just a little unsure about values/parameters.

Last edited:

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
Wow where did you get that receiver from?
Think it was first released 2005 time.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
A bloke from Wales was winding down his sat shop online and was selling these at a knockdown price, I figured why not. Is this a bad receiver?

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
A bloke from Wales was winding down his sat shop online and was selling these at a knockdown price, I figured why not. Is this a bad receiver?
Hisat I expect, very old non hd etc, would of been better buying new stb than spending on that tbh.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Can you recommend a more up to date one that will work with the dish and motor I have? More than happy to take advice from anyone in the know.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Have a look at the Octagon SX88, the choice of quite a few members on here....

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
I need something with a scart connection, any other receivers you can recommend with a scart socket?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Can you recommend a more up to date one that will work with the dish and motor I have?
I need something with a scart connection,

I'm afraid you've given yourself somewhat of an electronic oxymoron....I haven't had a receiver with a scart connection for years. You can however get a HDMI to Scart cable. Amazon stocks them....

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
I know I'm antiquated, but I have a first generation B&O Avant I bought new, I still get a great picture and sound is amazing. It gets serviced periodically and just keeps going. I see no reason to buy a new B&O tv until this one gives up the ghost. Thank you for all the advice and recommendations it is very helpful indeed.

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
I'm afraid you've given yourself somewhat of an electronic oxymoron....I haven't had a receiver with a scart connection for years. You can however get a HDMI to Scart cable. Amazon stocks them....
Tecnomate 5402 M1 M2 M3 M4 F3 all have scart. M4 being the latest model.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Does the M4 output RGB over SCART? The older receivers may have a user interface better suited to an SD display. RGB is vastly superior to composite video - all the HDMI converters I've seen only output composite video.

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
Does the M4 output RGB over SCART? The older receivers may have a user interface better suited to an SD display. RGB is vastly superior to composite video - all the HDMI converters I've seen only output composite video.
Spec says
  • Scart Output with RGB and CVBS support

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
For the parameters for Astra 2 see the first two columns on this link, any DVB-S transponder with MPEG-2 channels should work on your current receiver.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Many thanks.