Advice Needed Settings on quattro lnb to find Astra2

saxasteven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish. quattro lnb, vision multiswitch system with legacy and sky q options. Tv, Dab, FM combined and distributed to house.
My Location
Oxfordshire UK
Hi I have a Sathero SH-810HD with cctv monitor, software seems to be called Skylife HD. I need advise on settings to find Astra2 with a quattro lnb.
I have several options including MDU 1 > 5. LO> 3LO_VIVO. 3LO_OI. 4.O_VIVO. 4LO_GVT. UNICABLE> UNICABLE& UNICABLE2. UNIVERSAL> 9750/10600, 9750/10700, 9750/10750. OCS with a couple of frequencies. SINGLE with five frequency settings from 5150 to 11300.
Can anyone help as this information for a quattro lnb seems hard to source.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Are you certain you have a Quattro LNB and not just a normal Quad LNB?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For a Quattro LNB, use the Universal setting,9750/10600, I'm assuming you can select a particular frequency and polarisation on your meter, then make sure that frequency and polarity coincides with the output you select on the quattro LNB. So for example, if you select the default transponder of 11778 V for Sky, make sure you are connected to the Vertical High outlet. That's what I do on my Promax, then try at least a couple of other frequencies on the other ports on the LNB.

saxasteven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish. quattro lnb, vision multiswitch system with legacy and sky q options. Tv, Dab, FM combined and distributed to house.
My Location
Oxfordshire UK
Thank you rolfw. Will try again.

saxasteven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oxfordshire UK
Hi Mickha, Yes it is a quattro and all is well. I still have high dBuV readings considering the length of runs. I had an issue with the multiswitch at the furthers distribution area shutting down until I inserted a attenuator in the vhf line that cannot be explained by the manufacturer, who were very helpful but there was little further they could do as they aren't local. It was swapped for another but the problem persisted only in that location until the attenuator was installed. Any ideas?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
VHF and overly strong UHF signals can bleed across into the satellite feed, I found Whyte multiswitches were particularly prone to it, destroying the IF signal quality.

saxasteven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oxfordshire UK
VHF and overly strong UHF signals can bleed across into the satellite feed, I found Whyte multiswitches were particularly prone to it, destroying the IF signal quality.
Thank you Rolfw.
Yes UHF. I put it in front of the DSCR multiswitch, after the galvanic isolator, there is a long run between the two buildings. I was concerned about induced voltage but couldn't find anything.

saxasteven

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oxfordshire UK
Thank you Rolfw.
Yes UHF.
I installed it after the galvanic isolator before the DSCR multiswitch. There is a long run beween the headend system and the main house.
I was concerned that induced voltage could be the cause but couldn't find anything, as the ducting and mains cables were done by others. Maybe the length of cable might be allowing more bleeding to occur?