Shane Ritchie To Host The Jim’ll Fix It Christmas Special

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
The Jim’ll Fix It show brought joy to the hearts of its viewers by granting the wishes of children and teenagers that wrote to the studio. Sir Jimmy Savile, the “genie” that hosted the show, became well-known for a number of his “fix-its”, such as granting the request of a group of cub scouts to eat and drink while riding a rollercoaster.

As you already know, Sir Jimmy Savile recently passed away last October 29[SUP]th[/SUP], two days before his birthday. He was then buried last November 10 at Woodlands Cemetery in Scarborough.

This Holiday Season, the Jim’ll Fix It show is scheduled for revival as a Christmas special, which is to be hosted by EastEnders star Shane Richie. "It was compulsive television in our house and all my friends would talk about the 'fix its'” said Richie. I'm honoured to be part of this Christmas special and salute Sir Jimmy and Fix It for a new generation.”

Other wishes granted by Sir Jimmy include selecting 3 school boy boxers to meet Muhammed Ali, and taking an orphan boy with him to visit Jerusalem to see some of the places made famous by biblical stories. A strange request in particular was made by a girl asking if she could “unintentionally” drop and break a valuable antique jar on the Antiques Roadshow. Her demand was granted – but of course, the girl didn’t know that the jar they let her smash was a replica.

For those having seen the Jim’ll Fix It show before, seeing it again this Yuletide will certainly bring back fond memories of the beloved dream maker. "I think it will be a great tribute to Jimmy to recreate his famous show as a Christmas treat for audiences" says Danny Cohen, BBC One controller

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Will the last person to leave the country please switch off the lights.