Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
Are there any Fritzbox gurus out there who knows how to configure the VPN settings in Fritzbox to connect to a UK VPN server and tunnel this connection to an internal IP ie the Sky+HD Box.

To use my UK VPN server to connect my Sky+HD box to the internet and use the Anytime while abroad.

So in short the fritzbox is a VPN client then pass all the VPN traffic to just 1 IP address

jonywags

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am using VI Tribe satellite connection
My Location
newyork
Configure the vpn settings in fritbox via _http://www.bestvpnservice.com/blog/best-uk-vpn-service-list-of-top-10-uk-vpn-providers UK VPN Server, it not a difficult task, simple try VPN settings on the FRITZ!Box with a VPN config file.
Save the content below to a file named vpn.cfg

vpncfg { connections { enabled = yes; conn_type = conntype_user; name = "YOUR_MAIL_ADDRESS"; always_renew = no; reject_not_encrypted = no; dont_filter_netbios = yes; localip = 0.0.0.0; local_virtualip = 0.0.0.0; remoteip = 0.0.0.0; remote_virtualip = VPN_CLIENT_IP; remoteid { key_id = "YOUR_MAIL_ADDRESS"; } mode = phase1_mode_aggressive; phase1ss = "all/all/all"; keytype = connkeytype_pre_shared; key = "YOUR_SHARED_PASSWORD"; cert_do_server_auth = no; use_nat_t = yes; use_xauth = yes; use_cfgmode = no; xauth { valid = yes; username = "YOUR_USERNAME"; passwd = "YOUR_PASSWORD"; } phase2localid { ipnet { ipaddr = 0.0.0.0; mask = 0.0.0.0; } } phase2remoteid { ipaddr = VPN_CLIENT_IP; } phase2ss = "esp-all-all/ah-none/comp-all/no-pfs"; accesslist = "permit ip any VPN_CLIENT_IP 255.255.255.255"; } ike_forward_rules = "udp 0.0.0.0:500 0.0.0.0:500", "udp 0.0.0.0:4500 0.0.0.0:4500"; }
Replace the below values with the right settings for your network.

• YOUR_MAIL_ADDRESS, replace this with your mail address.
  • VPN_CLIENT_IP, replace this with something like 192.168.178.201.
  • YOUR_SHARED_PASSWORD, replace this with your own preferred shared password.
  • YOUR_USERNAME, replace this with your VPN username, use [a-z] only.
  • YOUR_PASSWORD, replace this with your VPN password, mind quote signs!

This configuration has been tested on iOS and Mac OS X also.

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
My Location
York
A quick question, where do I enter the value of my VPN providor for me _http://uk5.hideipvpn.ccc

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
My Location
York
done tested working. I ended up using an old LinkSys WRT54GL as a VPN concentrator

LinkSys running DD-WRT VPN firmware

Connect WAN of Linksys to LAN on Fritzbox.
From LAN of Linksys, flash firmware from a laptop. Configure the VPN Daemon with scripts from HidMyAss. A secure OpenVPN tunnel is created
Now all LAN devices connected to Linksys have a UK Ipaddress.

biffa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 19 + 28,2 multiswitch, Syk+HD,digibox (panasonic), 1 analog(kathrein), 1 digital PVR(Kathrein 580), dvbviewer + skystar2
My Location
Germany
Hi, i wanted to reopen this thread (it's been a year after all :cool: ).
Dragonsat's original question on how to connect a Fritzbox is what i would like to know. ie. i have a 6360 Cable fritzbox (manufacturer is avm.de) as the modem, this links directly to another Fritzbox 7390 that manages all my house internal network and telephonie. I can also connect via VPN from my mobile devices to the 6360 but that is not the problem.

I need to know if there is there a way to connect to a VPN provider in UK from the fritzbox that allows me to config that connection outward bound from the fritzbox to that provider? I need to appear to have a UK IP address to access the sky on demand/4OD/Iplayer etc. As the cable modem controls that with the cable company I can't just replace it with a linksys box.

Anyone done this somewhere in the world already? Or other options that might work from the router directly? (I realize i can use a PC and browser etc to use a proxy or similar, but i need to be able to automate it for any device on the network, e.g. PS3, skybox, TV etc).