Sky+HD Viewing Card (Blue type with Yellow House)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q And Freest
My Location
Northern Scotland
Having got the old Sky box semi operational, Ive been having at look at the regions Ive got cards for. Central (1) Border (at least 3) & STV (2). Goodness knows where the STV ones came from, that area starts quite a long way north of here!

The 2 really old pale blue cards seem to deactivate the box which is interesting - it wont boot with them in! I cant remember seeing that mentioned before.
are yous willing to sell one? preferably an stv one

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The majority of them are more modern white cards and will only regionalise the box.. One of the blue cards has already tested as "no Sky+ entitlements on this card" just before the box quit the first time.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q And Freest
My Location
Northern Scotland
The majority of them are more modern white cards and will only regionalise the box.. One of the blue cards has already tested as "no Sky+ entitlements on this card" just before the box quit the first time.
if you have any sort of active blue card, let me know, i will pay!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
if you have any sort of active blue card, let me know, i will pay!
Cant test them now - the box wont give me any more messages of that type even with the one that previously gave it All very strange. I must have fixed something when I took it apart & put it back together!. Anyway that box is now permanently none recording as the probably faulty hdd has been disconnected inside to save electricity. Its a bedroom box and I only use it to watch the news & documentaries on NHK.

Im hanging onto the cards as they might come in useful for regionalising a box at some point.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
A blue card... but no guarantees it will work, especially if it had to have been replaced with a white card to work, in which case it may be an expensive door stop.

edit: don't bother it's not a Sky+ box

Last edited:

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
As the box didn't record I don't think, I very much doubt it.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Ah poop I should have noticed that from the remote :-doh :-doh :-doh

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
A Sky+ box with what looks like a blue house card... no guarantees.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Old Sky+ HD with yellow house card, no mention if recording works, as per usual no guarantees:

tv_sinclair

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell 5150
Sky+
Humax 9150
My Location
Fife
Old Sky+ HD with yellow house card, no mention if recording works, as per usual no guarantees:

Ive been using 2 SkyHD boxes for years with the yellow house cards for recording. Only works with some older HD boxes though. Ive got a couple of cards lying about spare.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Ive been using 2 SkyHD boxes for years with the yellow house cards for recording. Only works with some older HD boxes though. Ive got a couple of cards lying about spare.
Do you find the box locks up when mistakenly selecting an encrypted channel? This happens on my Pace box, but only if instant rewind is enabled. When it's disabled I get the 'wrong card' message and can carry on.