Sky on motorised receiver

N

New to this

I'm thinking of buying an Manhattan 2500 apci motorised systems, how would i get sky digital on this receive.

How do i get a sky card without buying a sky digital package?
Do i need to get a cam for the manhattan ?

Any help please.

JimF

Reaction score
If you want Sky you need a Sky digibox. Luckily, you can get one free. (just £40 installation cost and have your Telephone hooked up to the digibox) but, the digiboxes are Sky only. There are no cams for Sky.

If you want to watch other digital channels (not Sky)
you will need another receiver like the Manhattan.

M

mad for it

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-Aug-00 AT 07:44 PM (GMT)[/font][p]I've just brought a echostar AD3000 IP can i not buy a sky cam and subscribe to sky on it. ??

mad for it.

JimF

Reaction score
Sky are supposed to have developed a Cam but, they haven't produced any and, don't appear to have any plans to do so.

A digi-box is the only way at the moment.

M

mad for it

thanks jim for your reply.

does the sky digibox use a cam or is it all built into the unit. If the digibox does use a cam can it be removed o fit my echostar.

regards
mad

A

asimov

AFIK the video***** cam is built in and cannot be removed.BTW if you go for the cheap (£40) package, the contractor is likley to fit a mini dish so that you will end up with two dishes (problems with planning permission perhaps?). If you can it may be easier if you can use the lnb loopthrough if it available on your existing Echostar machine and just use your existing dish.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Videoguard is indeed built-in. It is not of the CI type that could be slottted into a CI-receiver such as the Echostars.
An Italian provider (Stream I believe) is moving to Videoguard soon (away from Irdeto) so presumably they will force Videoguard CAMs to be built. Whether they will be of the CI type remains to be seen, and even if they are, whether they wold work with BBC or Sky cards is doubtful.
2old