Help Required Sling box pro help

Kenlen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax foxsat HDR, slinbox pro, Apple Mac mini 2011
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
first time poster So please be gentle I do come in peace.

I just joined looking for help I just acquired a sling box pro (the red one) I say just acquired I’ve had it 2 weeks & im in a world of pain trying to set it upI have managed to get it so far mostly by trail & error but now I’m stuck.
I have managed to set it all up & using the slingplayer app on my sons windows laptop I have gone through the setup & it now says it’s set up to watch online.
I have port forwarded the sling box with ip & correct port in my router so it passed the test in the setup.
However if I try to watch via a browser on the sling website I keep getting the “sling box set up is no longer available via a browser” & a link to the slingplayer apps page.
I hope someone might be able to help get this up & running you would forever have my gratitude.

thank you in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello welcome to the forum, I am sorry but I have zero experience with a slingbox and can only find this thread about it.
Not many users of such equipment however I am sure someone with more knowledge than myself will help out. Just a thought, have you tried clearing your cookies?

Kenlen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax foxsat HDR, slinbox pro, Apple Mac mini 2011
My Location
United Kingdom
Hello welcome to the forum, I am sorry but I have zero experience with a slingbox and can only find this thread about it.
Not many users of such equipment however I am sure someone with more knowledge than myself will help out. Just a thought, have you tried clearing your cookies?
Hi Topper.
Thank you for the welcome.
That was a good call but unfortunately it didn’t work.
interestingly I downloaded the slingplayer app on an older iPad & it was workingso I tried the app on my iPhone 7+ I get sound but no picture

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I was mucking about with an 'old' Echostar HD receiver with sling technology a year or so ago. Tied to a Zone 1 dish with two inputs, an incorporated hard drive, it had all the bells and whistles of Freesat machines still being peddled in the shops.

Apart from being slow to change TV channels (and rather angular) it was actually not a bad machine at all, if only the manufacturer had kept up with listening to the users and updated their software to cover the bugs.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Topper.
Thank you for the welcome.
That was a good call but unfortunately it didn’t work.
interestingly I downloaded the slingplayer app on an older iPad & it was workingso I tried the app on my iPhone 7+ I get sound but no picture
Mmm you can hear on your iphone 7, but cannot see a picture. that being the case I would suspect a missing codec on your iphone, but am an Android user myself, so have no idea of the next step apart from ensuring your iphone firmware is up to date.

Last edited:

Mickybod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Several dishes (45cm to 1.8m) but nothing being used at the moment- except sly
My Location
Kent border
Hi , I use a slingbox so maybe able to help.
Currently I run a pro HD ( black top ) & a 350 models. When watching the pro box I can view it on my iPad mini 2 & android tablets no problem but only get sound on my iPhone X , my wife who has a iPhone 6 has no issues. The 350 works fine on all devices. I think it’s something to do with sling now considering the older models ( below 350) as legacy equipment & as such the support for them is starting to wane