Some HotBird channels disappeared: HELP!!!

vahagn-nice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HotBird
My Location
France
Dear all,
Some of my HotBird channels disappeared (actually quite a long time ago) and I cannot get them back.
Would you suggest how to do, please?
Thank you in advance.
Vahag
please_read_the_rules@nomail.com

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which channels art missing?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
vahagn-nice said:
Dear all,
Some of my HotBird channels disappeared (actually quite a long time ago) and I cannot get them back.
Would you suggest how to do, please?
Thank you in advance.
Vahag
please_read_the_rules@nomail.com

If these channels were from TPS, then you should be aware that TPS has left Hot Bird 13E on 31/12/2008

vahagn-nice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HotBird
My Location
France
Thanks for reply, guys!

But let me tell you all the story so it will be more precise what I actually need.

I'm interested to watch the main Russian, Italian and the 2 Armenian channels. E.g.

1. _http://www.armtv.com/first/eng/?sub=receive here you see the official web of H1 (Armenian TV) with instructions how to receive it, but when I put frequency 12597, Polarization V and S/R 27500 it does not show any signal/channel.

2. Same for the Shant TV _http://www.shanttv.com/ with 11034 V 27500 does not show any signal.

3. Some of the Italian channels (e.g. Rai 1, 2, 3, ...)and Russian ones (e.g. RTR, ORT, etc.) are also impossible to get back .

But I was watching all these channels (except Shant that appeared now) for a long time, but then they just started to disappeare one after another (it was not in one day so that I could think it was because of a wind or other cause).

On the other side, there are plenty of Arabic, Italian and other channels of HotBird that I can watch without problem.

I hope now my problem is more understandable and you could provide more exact suggestion how to overcome this challenge.

P.S. My antenna is on the roof of our building and to go up there one needs to call a spacial service that has all the authorizations to do that and when I called an agency to get their service to get the channels back, they told me they should go up and see the antenna (only that operations costs more then 400 euros), so I'm trying to understand does it worth to pay for this service or not.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
vahagn-nice said:
Thanks for reply, guys!

But let me tell you all the story so it will be more precise what I actually need.

I'm interested to watch the main Russian, Italian and the 2 Armenian channels. E.g.

1. _http://www.armtv.com/first/eng/?sub=receive here you see the official web of H1 (Armenian TV) with instructions how to receive it, but when I put frequency 12597, Polarization V and S/R 27500 it does not show any signal/channel.

2. Same for the Shant TV _http://www.shanttv.com/ with 11034 V 27500 does not show any signal.

3. Some of the Italian channels (e.g. Rai 1, 2, 3, ...)and Russian ones (e.g. RTR, ORT, etc.) are also impossible to get back .

But I was watching all these channels (except Shant that appeared now) for a long time, but then they just started to disappeare one after another (it was not in one day so that I could think it was because of a wind or other cause).

On the other side, there are plenty of Arabic, Italian and other channels of HotBird that I can watch without problem.

I hope now my problem is more understandable and you could provide more exact suggestion how to overcome this challenge.

P.S. My antenna is on the roof of our building and to go up there one needs to call a spacial service that has all the authorizations to do that and when I called an agency to get their service to get the channels back, they told me they should go up and see the antenna (only that operations costs more then 400 euros), so I'm trying to understand does it worth to pay for this service or not.

OK. Now it is clear.
The RAI channels are there (there are two sets FTA and encrypted).
Which receiver do you have?
I would delete all the channels and scan again or even do a reinstall.
Hope that you will not need to spend so much if it is something else related to receiver.
Even buying a new receiver would be cheaper.
Edit: Also what is your dish size?

rachid tuhami

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 2200 receiver
My Location
morocco
hi i have echostar 2200
i want help for wach all tv hotbird

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its not possible to watch ALL the Hotbird channels!

What channels / packages are you interested in?