South spain

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Hi all friends of mine have bought a villa in the Spanish southern coast not sure exactly where but they're looking me to install a dish for the uk channels if they bring there second box over. Just so i get it correct first time what size of dish would i need for flawless SNR readings as i don't wanna be doing the job twice...the recommendation is 1.5m but if anybody has personal experience it would be gratefully appreciated.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
First of, you need to get a more accurate location. Then you could go on a reception report hunt on the net, and also people in near that location may be able to give advice.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Exact location probably needed as dish sizes vary some what depending on region.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Remember that whatever reception reports you can find today will be useless in 2 years time when the old satellites start coming out of service and are replaced by new birds with different transmission characteristics....!!

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Analoguesat said:
Remember that whatever reception reports you can find today will be useless in 2 years time when the old satellites start coming out of service and are replaced by new birds with different transmission characteristics....!!

Excellent point thanks for that.Also i will get the correct location and post back soon thanks guys.