Spanish channels on sky

mallorcaben

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace DV3 digibox
2 meter dish
My Location
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, I have a Sky + box and am interested in any Spanish language channels.
Anybody have details of tuning in these channels?
thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well Sky boxes are not easy to use for Satellites other than 28E, so you'd be better off getting a generic Receiver or a Spanish Package Receiver of some sort.

Also, you will need a Satellite dish aligned to one of the positions frequented by Spanish Channels eg Hispasat at 30W.

Here is a list of free Spanish Channels _http://www.flysat.com/tv-sp.

Spanish Packages such as Digital+, Meo, Zon TV Cabo are to be found on Hispasat. There may be others around the bazaars, but not on 28E.

PS: In your User "My System" details you have DV3 .... look again and you'll see the label on the box actually says DVB. Digital Video Broadcasting

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The are currently no Spanish channels on Sky since TVE Internacional left.
Amongst the few channels on Hispasat 30º West that you can tune on a Sky box are Andalucia TV and TeleMadrid. You would have to manually switch the cables between this satellite and Astra 2 and view in 'other channels'
A free to air receiver or Humax HDR would be better, as these can switch between satellites automatically. You will need a 60 cm dish for Hispasat, pointing to the west.
You have to pay Digital+ to get satellite versions of TVE 1 & 2 and other 'free' channels, a situation many would call an outrageous rip-off.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You could select SPanish in the languages menu and watch Euronews, but as the others have said - thats yer lot.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
There are also a small handful of FTA Spanish channels available on 19e you could use on a sky receiver, but the advice as above would be to purchase a generic receiver.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
There are no decent Spanish channels on Satellite without a sub. Even for the PSB channels you need a sub. There are a handful of crap regionals and that's it. Anything else in Spanish is from South America or the Caribbean.