astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
98cm motorised technomate. 50e to 34.5w
My Location
Europe
Hi all,
Back with another problem.
I have the Vu+ DUO 4K SE, which has two CAM slots and an internal card reader.
For a while I've been using one CAM slot for Freesat Romania. I've just bought a Kabelio subscription too. Silly me, I had forgotten that there were two CAM slots so I removed the Freesat Conax CAM and replaced it with the Kabelio Panaccess CI+ CAM. It worked great, and I'm happy with it. When I was trying to figure out how to watch both without swapping CAMs all the time, I realised there were in fact two CAM slots. I plugged the Freesat CAM back in, and after making the assignments I encountered a problem.
When both CAMs are in, I lose certain channels. In the case of Freesat, I lose the TVR channels which are technically a separate subscription with a different CAID to the other channels. They appear blocky and crackly as if there is a bad signal. Kabelio channels came through fine. I swapped the CAM slots, and this time I could see all Freesat channels including TVR fine, but could no longer watch anything on Kabelio. Again, the picture was choppy and impossible to watch.

They seem to be interfering with each other but I'm not sure how to remedy this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Do you have oscam or something like that running? I found that my oscam installation was interfering with my old Viasat CI, making some channels unwatchable..

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
I do have an Oscam running normally. I don't see an easy way to turn it off completely without uninstalling. However, I can tell that when the CAM is running the Oscam isn't because I can't connect remotely to it.
It's frustrating that it's only affecting three channels when the modules are put in one order.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
goto the webIF and stop it

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
I don't see any option to disable to Oscam in OpenWebIf. If I try to navigate to the Oscam Webif directly, I get an error because it's not active.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I do have an Oscam running normally. I don't see an easy way to turn it off completely without uninstalling. However, I can tell that when the CAM is running the Oscam isn't because I can't connect remotely to it.
It's frustrating that it's only affecting three channels when the modules are put in one order.
What are the three channels? Are they both in the two packages that you have CAMs for?

When you assign CAIDs to each CAM, it's possible that they are fighting over each other. I would try assigning services instead of CAIDs to each CAM - ensuring that the troublesome channels are only part of one assignment.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
I appreciate the responses.

The way Freesat Romania works is that each card is actually a TVR card, which unlocks the channels on this transponder: Eutelsat 16A: 11512 V - LyngSat
Freesat channels can be added to the same card by paying a fee to Freesat, which has channels on two other transponders: Freesat on Eutelsat 16A at 16.0°E - LyngSat
My issue is that with my current setup, the Freesat-proper channels are working perfectly, but the TVR channels are experiencing some kind of interference.

I tried removing the CAID from both CAM settings, but for some reason it's still decrypting everything so I'm in the same position.

EDIT:
By assigning services instead of CAID I managed to override the CAM decrypting everything. As a test, I assigned the CAMs only to unlock TF1 in the case of Kabelio, and only TVR1 in the case of Freesat. However, I still had the interference on TVR1.
Since the issue is a lot worse when the CAMs are reversed (no Kabelio at all, though Freesat/TVR works OK), I'm wondering what implication that has.

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does Kabelio work OK on its own in either of the CI slots?

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Yes it works fine on its own. I did just encounter a crash but I’m hoping that’s a one off…

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Now Kabelio just isn’t working altogether! Oh the wonders of this hobby.

I hope I get a solution. There is a card slot as well as the CAMs that I could use but I’m not sure how to configure it.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
OK I think I understand why Kabelio is no longer working at all. I did updates in eChannelizer and Kabelio has just added BBC News (I would have preferred a new channel I couldn't already get!) and the configurations have changed to accommodate them. I'll reverse my updates, though I'm guessing I'm likely to still face the issues with TVR. It's a shame, TVR's picture quality is truly beautiful, one of the best I've seen on satellite.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Solved with the help of the owner of Kabelio himself on a German forum. I needed to enable the high bitrate support on both CAMs even though Freesat Romania doesn't require it on its own. That cleared up the picture.