Talk talk modem

A

Archive-8

Just changed provider to talk talk, they sent me out a modem, but I cannot get port forwarding to work.

It says the ports are open. But scanning the modem I can't connect on the ports I want to, for my cctv.

The funny thing is the old sky modem is working fine on talk talk.

Does anyone know of any firmware to fix port forwarding?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
What make and model is the modem?

A

Archive-8

It's a Huawei HG633 hardware version H.1.01.

It also looks like the same hardware the BT home hub 5.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Seems there's a lot of people asking about the port forwarding on those routers and not really getting anywhere, probably best to use your old sky router 'til Huawei release firmware that actually works properly... :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Get Billion 8800NL

A

Archive-8

Get Billion 8800NL
Looks a nice bit of kit, and the newer version also. The main problem I have is the wifi at home. I have to also use wifi boosters.

I was thinking of using the new modem at home and the old net gear D6200 would replace the modem is Sherborne.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You can always set-up another access point out a repeater in another room. Fairly easy to do.

A

Archive-8

Is an access point a better option, then a wifi booster? As I have another router around here I could use.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Access point is just another router used as a wireless repeater, except you have access to 4 lan ports as well if needed.

I can heartily recommend the Draytek brand of routers as i just got shut of my HH3 on my Fibre connection and installed a draytek instead, not used one in around 10 years and forgot how many features they have pricey but well worth the outlay and the Wireless is great as well

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Well, I am getting slightly higher sync speeds on the Billion router than the Technicolor one. It also has much better diagnostic tools. I am not impressed with its WeeFee speeds, though, so I'll be putting extra points around the house - I have enough WiFi routers/modems that have accumulated over the years!

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I had this problem once at an office I used to work in

Changing to a new modem wasn't an option for us at the time

We tried all sorts (even telnet into the modem) and nothing worked, in the end we added a cable broadband router (ethernet on the modem to wan on the new router), gave the new router a static IP allocation, set that static IP as DMZ on the old router, then set the new router up with port forwarding settings needed

A

Archive-8

Well, I am getting slightly higher sync speeds on the Billion router than the Technicolor one. It also has much better diagnostic tools. I am not impressed with its WeeFee speeds, though, so I'll be putting extra points around the house - I have enough WiFi routers/modems that have accumulated over the years!
Can the wifi routers be configured with the same ssid or do they need there own ssid?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
They can be.. but need to be on different channels (and obviously an Ethernet cable connecting them). You can also set up a proper repeater bridge but it's a bit of a faff and never worked well for me

A

Archive-8

They can be.. but need to be on different channels (and obviously an Ethernet cable connecting them). You can also set up a proper repeater bridge but it's a bit of a faff and never worked well for me
Just as soon as I find the home hub 5 kicking around here I will give it a go, thanks for the information.

A

Archive-8

Sorted the wifi at home with the hh4 as a second access point.

As for Sherborne, it's working great with the sky modem at the moment.

The funny thing is, the sky modem never worked this well, when I was with sky!