td and internet sharing

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
just heard a rumour that the dbs 3000cncie has a slot for a router or cable to link straight to the net for card sharing is there anyone out there that could enlighten me
thanks in advance
wolfav

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
wolfav said:
just heard a rumour that the dbs 3000cncie has a slot for a router or cable to link straight to the net for card sharing is there anyone out there that could enlighten me
thanks in advance
wolfav

Like other receivers with a LAN connection, of course you can card share. The attached document will explain the process -

Llew

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
well many thanks for your reply Llew i notice you have a triple dragon is it the dbs3000as this is what i am thinking of getting obviously i hav'nt seen one working is the card sharing all that it is made out to be and would you recomend the receiver as i have read a lot about it in the last 24hrs and it sounds grueling to set it up :-doh!
but saying that programming my first fun card was easier than i thought
oh and what is the channel change rate like
many thanks in advance
wolfav

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi wolfav

Yes, the DBS3000 is the only Triple Dragon presently available. I've had mine for over a year, in daily use with no problems, which owes something to the excellent build qualities of the receiver (runs very cool as there is loads of ventilation space inside).

As with any Linux - based receiver, setting up requires a certain amount of patience in communicating with your PC (a definite necessity to get the most out of the TD), but plenty of help is available on various TD sites.

Channel changing is reasonably fast: an idiosyncrasy with the TD is that, when changing channels, sometimes there is a little pixellation before the chosen channel resolves. For some reason I rather like that instead of a blank screen!

I don't do CS, but I've set it up as a client to work with my S*Y card.

If you do consider buying a TD, have a read of the guides in this section, any help you require in setting up, just ask away!

Llew