Technomate TM 5402 M4 Remote not working.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed,polar mount and C band dish.
My Location
south africa
Being in South Africa the remote is not working on the receiver my daughter brought out with her from the UK.Can any member please advise me whether there is an universal remote like, One for All,which can be used to enable me to use the receiver.From Google it would seem that there is a problem with the Technomate remotes.I am of the opinion that the remotes are not tested,afterall,they come with the batteries in a sealed package.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Have you tried different batteries, are they in the correct way? Point the remote at a phone camera and press a button on the remote, on the phone screen can you see the transmit diode flashing?

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Thanks ozumo.What you have suggested I have done.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Thanks ozumo.What you have suggested I have done.
Have you any other devices in the room that might be causing interference. As a test move the M4 to another room and try it with the remote there. Make sure your batteries are good too. A lot of new battery stock circulating the globe now that have been lying in storage due to the pandemic.

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Moved to another room with brand new batteries.Remote stone dead.Any suggestions.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
south africa
Thanks Satspot.Being in South Africa I cant purchase that remote here.I am hoping that the universal remote, One for all ,could be the answer.Could a member possibly ascertain what code is applicable to the Technomate TM 5402 M4 .I have been in touch with Technomate UK and they said that they would have to get the code from China.