TELE CLUB

s1mply

Reaction score
Does any one know where TeleClub is broadcast from?, is it still on satellite?, it used to be broadcast in analogue from Astra at 19 degrees east, scrambled in nagravision - where has it gone????

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It is not available on satellite.
The teleclub internet site states "Aus übertragungstechnischen Gründen können wir Teleclub nicht über Satellit verbreiten" ("For transfer-technical reasons we cannot broadcast Teleclub via satellite")

see: http://www.teleclub.ch/index.cfm?vDom=3&vID=91

2old

s1mply

Reaction score
Many thanks - I have been scouring the satellite frequency lists on Lyngsat and also printed media i.e What Satellite. I watched Tele-Club first in 1988 when it was only one of a handful of channels, it used to broadcast from THE I say THE, because there was only the one that I know of - Eutelsat - at that time; it was shown in the clear, but later scrambled in the old "wobbly" type Film Net encryption. I had a decoder (big box), for Film Net and also for Premier that was broadcast off of Intelsat, these are pre-Astra days, Sky channel also came along (as did Super Channel), but it wasn't owned by Murdock then, two enterprising ladies set up a studio in an office in London and broadcast the Sky channel from there, it was a bit like the old Live TV, UK Cable channel. I live very near to where High-Tec Extravision had their work shops and used to go there the chat to the then hackers, and purchase my equipment for viewing, Chris, I can't remember his surname owned the company - I think he is in prison at present, because laterly he allegedly marketed Sky analogue hack cards and was eventually prosecuted - he may be out now or has escaped - I'm not absolutely sure, shame really, he gave a lot of people, a lot of fun. Although he probably made a mint - good luck to him.